Like Tree0Likes

What happened to Shogren?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered

My Boats: Renegade jet
Default What happened to Shogren?

I just checked Shogren's site and it goes to Pier57. Anyone know what the scoop is?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

My Boats: 2000 36 OUTLAW SOLD SHOPPING

The two companies merged
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

My Boats: 2000 36 OUTLAW SOLD SHOPPING

Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

WAUKEGAN, IL, Feb. 15, 2012 – Shogren Performance Marine has successfully completed a merger with Pier 57, joining industry-leading sales with top tier service. From its headquarters in Chicago, Sjogren will take over day-to-day operations of the new company and will maintain a sales presence in Counce, TN.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” explained Scott Sjogren, founder of Shogren Performance Marine. The new Pier 57 is committed to being the best and biggest dealer ever, where the buying, selling, servicing and overall client experience will be second to none.”

The combination gives boaters a single point of exclusive access to the best brands in the business: Cigarette, MTI, Checkmate, MYCO, Eagle and Mercury Engines exclusively, along with a great selection of used boats.

“I feel very good about the merger of our businesses. Scott's a very driven and motivated guy, and he'll bring a ton of new energy to things,” commented David Woods, founder of Pier 57. “We're gonna keep doing what we do well. But now we're doing it together, which makes it even better. It's all good!”

“It makes perfect sense to combine the best performance boat salesman I know in David Woods with the best retail operator in the business in Scott Sjogren,” offered Fred Kiekhaefer, President, Mercury Racing. “Complementary talent, leading boat brands and outstanding consumer relationships…it's a brilliant combination, and I’m glad I’m on their team.”

Staffing within the merged organization will remain the same, continuing to deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail that customers of both businesses have come to expect.

“Cigarette Racing is strongly committed to the dealer model because we recognize the immense importance of a complete and well-managed sales and service offering, and these guys are two of the best in the industry,” said Skip Braver, Owner, Cigarette Boats. “Their reputations are exceptional.”

“We chose to adopt the Pier 57 name with our merger because of its well-known brand position and for long term branding opportunities we see within the high performance powerboat industry. This collaboration begins a new chapter—leveraging our combined strengths and well-known histories,” added Sjogren.

About Shogren Performance Marine

Shogren Performance Marine is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Founded by Scott Sjogren in 2003, the company has received numerous industry awards and is a recognized leader in performance boating sales and service.

About Pier 57

David Woods founded Pier 57 in 1994. Located in Counce, TN, the company is a factory authorized dealer for MTI and Cigarette Powerboats, and also carries a large selection of pre-owned powerboats and classic cars.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxus View Post
Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

WAUKEGAN, IL, Feb. 15, 2012 – Shogren Performance Marine has successfully completed a merger with Pier 57, joining industry-leading sales with top tier service. From its headquarters in Chicago, Sjogren will take over day-to-day operations of the new company and will maintain a sales presence in Counce, TN.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” explained Scott Sjogren, founder of Shogren Performance Marine. The new Pier 57 is committed to being the best and biggest dealer ever, where the buying, selling, servicing and overall client experience will be second to none.”

The combination gives boaters a single point of exclusive access to the best brands in the business: Cigarette, MTI, Checkmate, MYCO, Eagle and Mercury Engines exclusively, along with a great selection of used boats.

“I feel very good about the merger of our businesses. Scott's a very driven and motivated guy, and he'll bring a ton of new energy to things,” commented David Woods, founder of Pier 57. “We're gonna keep doing what we do well. But now we're doing it together, which makes it even better. It's all good!”

“It makes perfect sense to combine the best performance boat salesman I know in David Woods with the best retail operator in the business in Scott Sjogren,” offered Fred Kiekhaefer, President, Mercury Racing. “Complementary talent, leading boat brands and outstanding consumer relationships…it's a brilliant combination, and I’m glad I’m on their team.”

Staffing within the merged organization will remain the same, continuing to deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail that customers of both businesses have come to expect.

“Cigarette Racing is strongly committed to the dealer model because we recognize the immense importance of a complete and well-managed sales and service offering, and these guys are two of the best in the industry,” said Skip Braver, Owner, Cigarette Boats. “Their reputations are exceptional.”

“We chose to adopt the Pier 57 name with our merger because of its well-known brand position and for long term branding opportunities we see within the high performance powerboat industry. This collaboration begins a new chapter—leveraging our combined strengths and well-known histories,” added Sjogren.

About Shogren Performance Marine

Shogren Performance Marine is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Founded by Scott Sjogren in 2003, the company has received numerous industry awards and is a recognized leader in performance boating sales and service.

About Pier 57

David Woods founded Pier 57 in 1994. Located in Counce, TN, the company is a factory authorized dealer for MTI and Cigarette Powerboats, and also carries a large selection of pre-owned powerboats and classic cars.
Information from that release, plus a bit more, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-57-merge.html.