Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I've been blown twice since last we spoke. >

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Notices

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Old 06-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Uncle Toys

Default I've been blown twice since last we spoke. PICTURES ADDED.

Well hello from the shores of the beautiful-blue Lake Havasu. Finally got the Internet hooked up and now we are on line at the lake. Damn, eight days without OSO – I had the shakes!

Picked up the boat in Fresno last Saturday and ran it for the first time with the Whipples installed Sunday. Best speed so far is 91mph (hot as hell out here). Went up four sizes on the prop and now it planes like a ski boat and the acceleration is awesome - so is the gas bills.

Murphy **** all over this installation, but Dustin never gave up. What a stand-up guy! Just about everything that could go wrong, did. Yet the Whipples stood up every single time and took care of me. It's really nice to do business with people like this - especially in this industry!

So what’s the board been up to? Anyone else fake their death? Has Nort been behaving?

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 06-24-2002 at 11:36 AM.

Old 06-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya but uncle how do they sound!!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Congrats UT. Sorry we didn't make it out there last weekend, plans kinda fell through at the very last moment. We're going to try to get out there asap though. I'm going through the shakes myself with out being at havasu! As soon as my frickin boat is done we're there Watch those drives with those blower motors By the way...Nort is in Idaho!!! He'll be back next week.

Tank
Old 06-22-2002, 01:45 AM
Uncle Toys

Audio, sounds sweet! Can't spell it, but it sounds like you that night after too many drinks.

Tank, no worries. We had a lot of family show up last weekend. Good luck on the boat. Havasu has been around 110 each day and the water level is as high as I have seen it.

More family and friends showed up today. They ran hard and drank hard all day - believe they are all asleep now. The girls are out trolling for dudes on the golf cart, so I must stay awake until midnight and make sure they get in ok. Never been on the board this late on a Friday. Kind of quite!

Old 06-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Uncly Toys you have not seen me with to many drinks in me. Tank can tell you what that is like. Oh no he can't he does not remember either. Maybe Nort remembers. No he did not either but the bastard has photo proof!!! Nickslick remembers but he is not around any more
Old 06-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Uncle Toys

Audio - Posting at 1:54 a.m. Friday night? I'm empressed you can manage that during group sex

Too Old - Heres a picture for you. Who said I'm too old? Thats me jumping off the cliff at Copper Cayon with the kids. Great form
Attached Thumbnails I've been blown twice since last we spoke.-joejumpingoffcliff2.jpg  

Old 06-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats UT

Glad to see that surgery was successful! Have fun dialing in the rest. 91 is awesome in the kind of heat you've been having. Do be nice to those bravo's- I trust you have them well showered?
Old 06-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Regarding the title to your thread...

BRAGGER!!
Old 06-24-2002, 10:23 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

What is most impressive about Uncle Toys picture is that is AFTER he hit the water and realized how cold it was
Old 06-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Uncle Toys

Audio – Nah, the water temp is up around 80 now. Feels great!

Cattitude – Yes, I do have showers and boy is there still some dialing in to do. Having water pressure issues on the strbrd engine. Might do a little gel coat mod around the water pick-ups. Not sure if they are getting enough air. Might need some form of scoops. And then there is the issue of props. Best RPM so far has been 5,100 (9:00 a.m., and only 90 degrees). Yesterday afternoon, I could only turn 4,600 (but the temp was 107).

Forgot to post pictures – must be the heat and the beer. Heres a few pictures of the new lungs.
Attached Thumbnails I've been blown twice since last we spoke.-boys-whipples.jpg  

Quick Reply: I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.