Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Notices

Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
And if the guy that owns the 41 felt that it was an infringement on his model/design etc....wouldn't it be in his best interest to at the very least have his lawyer write up a cease and desist letter and have it sent to whom ever the owners of the molds are???
Probably couldn't do anything about it because the creator of the original company designed the new boat. At that time, mid 1990's, there were only 2 people who could do it.

The man on the west coast got the mold for the 36' because of Cashbrain's retardedness so I guess they called it even.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When it comes down to it, a vee bottom is a vee bottom and a cat is a cat...unless you have something very special in your design, like what you did with the Thad project
Well said!
Originally Posted by Panther
Oh, so taking measurements and replicating a design and tweaking it isn't a splash. You're really full of it. You created the "new apache" duh..

We all remember the thread and your separation from the project at the end.
Panther, read the above post & try to understand that Steve is a Master Boatbuilder & designer of the highest order. I know well that you are accustomed to acting like a school child. But, you look foolish trying to instruct him in these matters. Just some friendly advice.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-03-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Panther, read the above post & try to understand that Steve is a Master Boatbuilder & designer of the highest order. I know well that you are accustomed to acting like a school child. But, you look foolish trying to school him in these matters. Just some friendly advice.
Ed, take your own advice and walk away from the table. YOu add nothing of value other than stir the pot.

Just get that Comanche in the water and show us some videos. McManus would cry if he saw it today.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Indy
Two boat manufacturers come out with a new product (OL & Checkmate) and both intro threads are filled with dooche bags being negative rather than applauding the fact that this is a good thing for this dying industry. Pathetic.

Checkmate has never been my bag but I applaud the effort and the boat looks great.
One company presents a fantastic product & the other puts perfume on a pig. And there are douchebags that want to avoid the truth so some other douchebag can cash in. Now that's pathetic!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Indy
Two boat manufacturers come out with a new product (OL & Checkmate) and both intro threads are filled with dooche bags being negative rather than applauding the fact that this is a good thing for this dying industry. Pathetic.

Checkmate has never been my bag but I applaud the effort and the boat looks great.
It is a shame because there's so much hate. It's time to move on.

Good luck to Checkmate and good luck to Pantera, Outerlimits and what ever other company puts a new boat out on the market.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ed, take your own advice and walk away from the table. YOu add nothing of value other than stir the pot.
I'll go against my better judgement & waste a little more time on you. Here is a Pleasure 41 Apache side by side, full crew, conventional V, with the proper running profile. Not much wetted surface, eh? Not like that water magnet..The Chief...who designed that bottom? Strike that last question. It doesn't matter, that's why they didn't sell. That's all for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lMCt3UTgCk

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I'll go against my better judgement & waste a little more time on you. Here is a Pleasure 41 Apache side by side, full crew, conventional V, with the proper running profile. Not much wetted surface, eh? Not like that water magnet.....who designed that bottom? Strike that last question. It doesn't matter, that's why they didn't sell. That's all for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lMCt3UTgCk
Ed, you really impress upon yourself! You've built quite a reputation for yourself over here after all these years having a non running boat. Go on, tell us the story again how you took your boat out. You know, the thread where you took it from the side of the house out to the front of the house and swabbed the deck and not out for a boat ride.

I happen to know Ike and his brother, they are friends... He has an awesome boat and we'll be boating together this summer, what will you be doing? I'm sure you'll be dock watching and stirring the pot on as usual.

Signing off this thread since it has nothing to do with the topic any more. Take it easy boss.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, so taking measurements and replicating a design and tweaking it isn't a splash. You're really full of it. You created the "new apache" duh..

We all remember the thread and your separation from the project at the end.
NO seperation ,I was there until the end ,why do you FRIGGIN LIE, Enough of this.

Bird brain ,there were were two CNCed plugs done and it is on a thread in here ,NOW show me some of YOUR work!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And i totally agree with you.....but not every company can dump a mill on a plug/mold with the latest and greatest design/technology.....and then only to never actually have it hit the water, then be sold by the bank and another boat company is there lucky enough to snatch it up at what i'm sure was an awesome price for them!

And if the guy that owns the 41 felt that it was an infringement on his model/design etc....wouldn't it be in his best interest to at the very least have his lawyer write up a cease and desist letter and have it sent to whom ever the owners of the molds are???

When it comes down to it, a vee bottom is a vee bottom and a cat is a cat...unless you have something very special in your design, like what you did with the Thad project, then it just another mouse trap that some one is trying to improve upon...
Wally NO Bank was ever in the picture ,what stopped it was a LAWSUIT over the Name.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ed, you really impress upon yourself! You've built quite a reputation for yourself over here after all these years having a non running boat. Go on, tell us the story again how you took your boat out. You know, the thread where you took it from the side of the house out to the front of the house and swabbed the deck and not out for a boat ride.

I happen to know Ike and his brother, they are friends... He has an awesome boat and we'll be boating together this summer, what will you be doing? I'm sure you'll be dock watching and stirring the pot on as usual.

Signing off this thread since it has nothing to do with the topic any more. Take it easy boss.
Frank, that pierced clitoris you got really brightens up your posts! LOL!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-02-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.