Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History >

Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Notices

Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome looking boat Jeff. As popular as the Checkmates are up in our neck of the woods, hopefully a local will step up and bring one to the area. Love the old school look of that boat, hopefully you guys are able to get all the little details straightened out to make that thing run.

Last edited by BGIII; 03-03-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkopec
Speed Girl, THANK YOU!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! This is not the same layup or set up as any of the previous boats built from this mold, which is all one. I am not speculating any speeds until the boat hits the water next month. I will post on facts and not my personal beliefs or thoughts on what it will run. There were many issues with the Chief set up that could be fixed and have been on this boat. Stay tuned for the real story on this CHECKMATE.

P.S. I am a young guy myself getting into this and do not know many people on the forum. If I was someone with years of success and experience in this industry I would surely not make a first impression on someone like myself as a lot of guys have on here. Guys like me are the future of this industry.....just sayin this won't be the only project........
Keep going brother! Isn't it great when an old timer tells you that you "can't" or it is the wrong way, or you will never be as good as he once was? What is he doing right now?

Driven- we all have things that drive us, many sucess stories start with someone telling them they can't.

I was at a seminar once, they talked about "Listerine" and how at one time it was the only mouth wash on the market. Listerine is known for tasting bad, and they marketed the horrible medicine taste as "you know it is working" The topic was "be different" When scope started they could have just made one that taste WORSE, or the same. But they decided to be different and now own the market "no medicine mouth". Point is don't be afraid to try something different, it just may work, turn out to be genius, and build a legacy!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 420 Likes on 186 Posts

Did I read some where that Checkmate built a new 43 Boat looks Great best of luck with it.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 395 Likes on 159 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Craney
Did I read some where that Checkmate built a new 43 Boat looks Great best of luck with it.
+ 1 Best of luck to Checkmate on a fine boat !!!........
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boat looks great! Can't wait to see it on the water somewhere.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Boat looks great! Can't wait to see it on the water somewhere.
Same here!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Guys like me are the future of this industry.....just sayin this won't be the only project........
Sounds great! Post some pics of the Punisher step by step during the building process. It's good advertisement for the new powerboat & great for the OSO membership to learn how they are constructed. Good stuff all the way around!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-03-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
While we are waiting for the Punisher to debut, lets enjoy a video of the Pantera 41.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDkcm8XPK4
Really? Its a checkmate thread you ass.

Again, Congrats to Cheackmate for a great looking boat!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Girl, THANK YOU!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! This is not the same layup or set up as any of the previous boats built from this mold, which is all one. I am not speculating any speeds until the boat hits the water next month. I will post on facts and not my personal beliefs or thoughts on what it will run. There were many issues with the Chief set up that could be fixed and have been on this boat. Stay tuned for the real story on this CHECKMATE.

P.S. I am a young guy myself getting into this and do not know many people on the forum. If I was someone with years of success and experience in this industry I would surely not make a first impression on someone like myself as a lot of guys have on here. Guys like me are the future of this industry.....just sayin this won't be the only project........
Right on Jeff!!! again, can't wait 2 C that bad boy at Boyne Thunder!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Right on Jeff!!! again, can't wait 2 C that bad boy at Boyne Thunder!!!!
That would be prett cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.