Notices

new boat ordered

Old 04-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Mike,

Got your message the other day, but have been crazy busy. Was at River Ranch last weekend, been working on Rays boat, and mine, trying to get ready for a keys run coming up. We should be on the water with Ray's in the next week or 2. Probably do something local Mem. Day weekend.

Rick
Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Congrats, it's always cool to see someone ordering a new boat.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
thank's everyone ,

I said I would never order another boat again after the grief back in 2005 when I ordered a boat that took over a year to build and of course more money then it was supposed to cost to finish.
so i took my chance with a bigger boat builder with only $ 5 k down, I felt I had nothing to loose
so I am very happy they said I should have it next week, shoot even if it took a few more week's I would still be very happy after the ordeal I had back in 2005 " Totally new experience

thank again
mike
Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls
thank's everyone ,

I said I would never order another boat again after the grief back in 2005 when I ordered a boat that took over a year to build and of course more money then it was supposed to cost to finish.
so i took my chance with a bigger boat builder with only $ 5 k down, I felt I had nothing to loose
so I am very happy they said I should have it next week, shoot even if it took a few more week's I would still be very happy after the ordeal I had back in 2005 " Totally new experience

thank again
mike
ok may 1st the boat is in now im having the dealer hook up my garmin 4210 , stereo and windless and i will be ready to go

Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We chartered a boat like yours a few years back and fished Tuna in real rough seas. Great choice and you will not be dissapointed. They are tough boats that ride incredible for their size.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
We chartered a boat like yours a few years back and fished Tuna in real rough seas. Great choice and you will not be dissapointed. They are tough boats that ride incredible for their size.
thank's , I can't wait to take her out in a few more day's once the electronic's are all done

mike
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

well I got the boat may 12th one day after my birthday
over all everything went great the family love's the boat and it only took 8 week's start to finish,
I'm a happy camper now .
it was also very nice to deal with a great boat builder even thow it's not a performance boat they only took %5 down until the boat was delivered then I paid in full the rest .

just thought I would post my great experience with ordering a new boat that was not built yet . I think this has built my confidence back up that there are some trust worthy boat builder's still around

http://www.worldcat.com/site/255dc-dualconsole/

mike
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Mike! Looks like a fun boat!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered

well I haven't used the boat as much as I thought over the last few month's, busy at work and a lot of rain . I have 15 hour's on her now and getting used to how she run's with different trim setting's . so far the boat has handles great so I thought I would share .
nice fuel mileage , but I would say it would average an easy 2 to 2.5 mpg @ cruise between 27-30 mph around 4000rpms + or - a few rpms . Top speed 46 mph " I no way to slow but it run's real nice with family in the boat and that's what count's

mike
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

boat is great but the wife want's a cabin now so spread the word she got spoiled with the fountain 38EC I had
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...t-255dc-346883
thank's
mike