Notices

Smart move?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Smart move?

Starting to think things over here.......I acquired this boat for free because I am going to a school next year where I will be learning about marine engines, and other stuff related to that. Even with the school, I will still have to pay for materials, parts, and whatever I will need. As much as I love this boat, at this point, i have been thinking about selling it as a project boat for someone with the money and time to bring it back to its glory, as it is a rather old boat...1984.
We are talking about a boat that will need a new floor, change to bravo setup, new wiring most likely, full interior, and much more.....at the end, its pretty costly.
Its quite a project for a beginner, and I would rather find a small go-fast project boat in close to running condition that will need less work then the Stinger.
I think this would be a smart move.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Starting to think things over here.......I acquired this boat for free because I am going to a school next year where I will be learning about marine engines, and other stuff related to that. Even with the school, I will still have to pay for materials, parts, and whatever I will need. As much as I love this boat, at this point, i have been thinking about selling it as a project boat for someone with the money and time to bring it back to its glory, as it is a rather old boat...1984.
We are talking about a boat that will need a new floor, change to bravo setup, new wiring most likely, full interior, and much more.....at the end, its pretty costly.
Its quite a project for a beginner, and I would rather find a small go-fast project boat in close to running condition that will need less work then the Stinger.
The fact that you love a 1984 boat with no floor , no interior and needs a new drive setup along with all new wiring is odd.
What did you like ? The windshield ?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
The fact that you love a 1984 boat with no floor , no interior and needs a new drive setup along with all new wiring is odd.
It has a neat 80's paint job with a classic design
Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I think it was the dream of the completed Stinger.....but alas , reality is setting in.....Do exactly what your heart tells you to do Sam and you will NEVER have any regrets . Study hard and work even harder always with an eye on the prize . People who aren't dreamers in one way or another never will amount to a pint of sour owl pizz , will have nothing but envy and will never contribute or accomplish a damn thing short of standing in the cheese line . I have a feeling you will do well and if i were well to do i'd just buy you a decent Cigarette to get you started ............i got your back young gun..
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
seems you got the boat for free and selling it would just pi$$ off the the guy you got it from..if the boat is sitting in the same spot where the guy that gave you the boat and he said he would not charge you to store it would be more then happy to sell it to someone else and keep the proceeds,seems he has to pay for the land it sits on..

just my o2
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have done this myself got a $500 boat thought i would fix it up figured out thankfully before i spent any money it was worth more in parts than to fix since then i have bought 5 of these junk boats taken them apart sold the parts for a profit and found myself a nice running fresh water boat to tinker with oh ya the new fresh water boat already has the bravo and the big block and i am into it for under $5000 just my story
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
I think it was the dream of the completed Stinger.....but alas , reality is setting in.....Do exactly what your heart tells you to do Sam and you will NEVER have any regrets . Study hard and work even harder always with an eye on the prize . People who aren't dreamers in one way or another never will amount to a pint of sour owl pizz , will have nothing but envy and will never contribute or accomplish a damn thing short of standing in the cheese line . I have a feeling you will do well and if i were well to do i'd just buy you a decent Cigarette to get you started ............i got your back young gun..

That sounds like a great idea.....maybe thats what the guy with the Stinger felt like doing....give the dreamer something to get started with............now he's thinking of selling it.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy that baja in the swap section & piece a motor together or if u can get the bbc in the stinger running throw that in the baja. U can have a nicer boat for less $ & be on the water this summer

or oso member ” old man ” has a nice sutphen 20 sbc for short $ on boston cl

Last edited by scarab63; 03-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

[/B]

That sounds like a great idea.....maybe thats what the guy with the Stinger felt like doing....give the dreamer something to get started with............now he's thinking of selling it.
How much for the windshield ??.....
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:worthless _without_p

just sayin!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.