Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   River Dave’s Place Going Big with Online Desert Storm Coverage (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/272485-river-dave%92s-place-going-big-online-desert-storm-coverage.html)

Matt Trulio 03-14-2012 06:58 PM

River Dave’s Place Going Big with Online Desert Storm Coverage

For those who want to catch the scene online, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-coverage.html.

budd 03-14-2012 07:36 PM

Great site!

Matt Trulio 03-14-2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by budd (Post 3641389)
Great site!

I agree. River Dave has done a great job with it.

Steve 1 03-14-2012 08:30 PM

He is still around ?

the deep 03-14-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3641443)
He is still around ?

:poopoo:

jayboat 03-14-2012 08:50 PM

Thanks Matt.

Gotta hand it to Dave, the man has built a very popular, fun and dynamic boating site. He walks the walk.

I am really looking forward to it. It will be my first visit to Desert Storm- I'll be there for 8 days- Saturday to Sunday- gonna be a blast!

RD SUX! :bunnydance:

Matt Trulio 03-14-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3641468)
Thanks Matt.

Gotta hand it to Dave, the man has built a very popular, fun and dynamic boating site. He walks the walk.

I am really looking forward to it. It will be my first visit to Desert Storm- I'll be there for 8 days- Saturday to Sunday- gonna be a blast!

RD SUX! :bunnydance:

I can't wait to see your images from the event, Jay. You've set a high bar.

the deep 03-15-2012 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by RiverDave (Post 3641805)
Appreciate the compliments guys.

We will be having a live feed again this year for everyone that can't make it from the East Coast to be able to see the Street Party, As much of the Poker run as we can film (line of site), and the entire shoot out.

Flying JayBoat out for pics is just the icing on the cake. We are very excited about having some of your East Coast Talent take some pics of our boats.. :)

Steve1, still here just working towards the future, and forgetting about the past.. :D

Thanks RD , I will be lurking with my beverage .

RiverDave 03-15-2012 12:47 PM

We will be having a live feed again this year for everyone that can't make it from the East Coast to be able to see the Street Party, As much of the Poker run as we can film (line of site), and the entire shoot out.

Flying JayBoat out for pics is just the icing on the cake. We are very excited about having some of your East Coast Talent take some pics of our boats.. :)

Steve1, still here just working towards the future, and forgetting about the past.. :D

Steve 1 03-15-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by RiverDave (Post 3641805)

Hell At least I have a proven Past LOL.

skater40 03-15-2012 01:21 PM

Jay is the best photographer there is.
Great move Dave.

DCB F32 03-15-2012 01:43 PM

I look forward to seeing the coverage and the pictures Dave

Steve1 Are you going to have a boat at the event?

Seems like it would be a great venue for you.

Steve 1 03-15-2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by DCB F32 (Post 3641847)
I look forward to seeing the coverage and the pictures Dave

Steve1 Are you going to have a boat at the event?

Seems like it would be a great venue for you.

I have some way cool Claved stuff on the floor,but the Miami Bimini race was the target.

We are blessed here on OSO to have two great Camera men;Jay and Sharkey.

TBAG 03-15-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3641485)
I can't wait to see your images from the event, Jay. You've set a high bar.

x1,000,000

Glad you're making the trip!

RiverDave 03-15-2012 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3641830)
Hell At least I have a proven Past LOL.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a positive thread on this website without you talking about it?

There are many members of this website that will be unable to make the trek to Desert Storm. I'm just trying to give them the ability to see all of the action, Live as it happens through out the event. Then followed up with a series of TV post production quality webisodes on youtube. Get one of the best photographers in the business some work, and show him a good time while he's in our neck of the woods.

The whole thing is beneficial to the OSO community (people watch live, and talk about it in the forums), people get to see a talented photographer take pictures of some of the West Coast hardware and people that made the trek etc.. There is no down side to it what so ever. It is good for the event, it is good for Jayboat, it is good for OSO & it's members, and it is good for my site to be able to host the operation.

Somehow yet again though, you have taken a subject that has zero to do with you has no negativity associated with it, and are trying to divert it to your past. I question why? I have a hunch that the moderator that told you to STFU last time is gonna ask that same question.

RD

Steve 1 03-15-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by RiverDave (Post 3641913)
I wonder if it would be possible to have a positive thread on this website without you talking about it?

There are many members of this website that will be unable to make the trek to Desert Storm. I'm just trying to give them the ability to see all of the action, Live as it happens through out the event. Then followed up with a series of TV post production quality webisodes on youtube. Get one of the best photographers in the business some work, and show him a good time while he's in our neck of the woods.

The whole thing is beneficial to the OSO community (people watch live, and talk about it in the forums), people get to see a talented photographer take pictures of some of the West Coast hardware and people that made the trek etc.. There is no down side to it what so ever. It is good for the event, it is good for Jayboat, it is good for OSO & it's members, and it is good for my site to be able to host the operation.

Somehow yet again though, you have taken a subject that has zero to do with you has no negativity associated with it, and are trying to divert it to your past. I question why? I have a hunch that the moderator that told you to STFU last time is gonna ask that same question.

RD

WHERE and What are you babbling about ??? Now a new wrinkle has emerged,Your lack of any reading skill.

thisistank 03-15-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3641923)
WHERE and What are you babbling about ??? Now a new wrinkle has emerged,Your lack of any reading skill.

Steve, dude, give it a freakin rest man. I'm almost certain Dave can and has forgotten your guys spat on the DCB thread. Please don't drag negativity and your personal agenda against Dave to this thread in an attempt (whether real or perceived) to derail the thread and turn a great topic into a negative, unrelated debate.

Lots and lots of people working diligently to continue the desert storm legacy. Dave is helping grow that legacy. Like we were al taught in pre-school - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Or at a very minimum, stay on topic.

Tank

Steve 1 03-15-2012 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3641970)
Steve, dude, give it a freakin rest man. I'm almost certain Dave can and has forgotten your guys spat on the DCB thread. Please don't drag negativity and your personal agenda against Dave to this thread in an attempt (whether real or perceived) to derail the thread and turn a great topic into a negative, unrelated debate.

Lots and lots of people working diligently to continue the desert storm legacy. Dave is helping grow that legacy. Like we were al taught in pre-school - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Or at a very minimum, stay on topic.

Tank

BUT I DID Not say anything for one !!! He started the stupidity ,GOT IT? and RD is promoting his website in here.

thisistank 03-15-2012 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3641978)
BUT I DID Not say anything for one !!! He started the stupidity ,GOT IT? and RD is promoting his website in here.

Steve:
A) the thread was started by Matt Trulio / speed on the water in continuing coverage of the 10 day event that is Desert Storm. Thread wasn't started by Dave

B) you were the first to post in a childish manner.

Let's just drop it man. You two don't get along. Be that may, the guy is set to do a great service to those that can not make it to the event. Personal feelings aside, that's a job well done for our boating community. This may just be the start of a huge trend. Imagine live coverage /web episodes / up to date photos and interviews from Key West, LOTO or Destin. Could literally change ones boating experience for these events they can't attend.

Bottom line. It's a great thing. Just please stop with the nagativity. It does no good for anyone.

CigDaze 03-15-2012 05:53 PM

Right on, Dave. Too cool.
I'm sure you and Jay are going to put out an awesome event documentary.
Very much looking forward to it.
Cheers!

Steve 1 03-15-2012 06:02 PM

Tank,Look the guy has a commercial Website and is in HERE promoting it, He should buy an Ad and a Friggin Membership as well, now back to selectively reading my posting and a SAFE EVENT.

CigDaze 03-15-2012 06:07 PM

Holy phuck man! You come out of the gate with "is he still around," and can't figure out what the problem is? It's you! Drop it, and leave this one alone. Thisis good stuff!

golfmaxgolf 03-15-2012 06:36 PM

Positive

Thank You River Dave for Bringing this to Those of us unable to attend the event! And Thank You to Tank for Taming down the verbage i was thinking. Thanks to Mr Trulio aswell for bringing this Thread! This is very positive for the event and this type of boating in general aswell as every site in this genre. Good Luck With this venture i for 1 look forward to watching. Stay Positive ! Rich

Matt Trulio 03-15-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3642006)
Tank,Look the guy has a commercial Website and is in HERE promoting it, He should buy an Ad and a Friggin Membership as well, now back to selectively reading my posting and a SAFE EVENT.

Hi Steve,

My name is Matt Trulio. I am the publisher of speedonthewater.com, and I wrote the story about River Dave's Place plans for coverage of Desert Storm. As I do with all the stories Jason Johnson and I write for speedonthewater.com, I post them here.

I reported on what River Dave's Place is doing because it has news value. That's what daily news sites do—what speedonthewater is—report the news. Judging from the positive interest in what River Dave's Place plans to do around Desert Storm on this thread, the story does have news value.

Dave did not "promote" his site. I reported on it. During one of the many phone calls I make every day (because even in a digital world good reporting comes down to that) I spoke with Dave Johnson, the owner of River Dave's. His plans for Desert Storm coverage came up during our conversation. I felt they had news value and reported them.

It's really that simple. But just to be clear one more time: Dave did not "promote" his own business. I reported on it. Huge difference.

jayboat 03-15-2012 07:19 PM

Matt-
Do you plan to attend the event, and possibly be driving a boat?

If so, I will plan to stay in the chopper, thanks. :evilb:

the deep 03-15-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3642077)
Matt-

Why Jay , are you afraid of a little bridge ??:lolhit:

Matt Trulio 03-15-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3642077)
Matt-

Originally Posted by the deep (Post 3642082)
Why Jay , are you afraid of a little bridge ??:lolhit:

Laugh it up, funny boys. Man, you tell one honest, heartfelt story ... :)

I'll be there from Wednesday till Friday afternoon. Have to leave Friday for a commitment back home. And I won't be driving a boat. That London Bridge looks really solid.

RiverDave 03-15-2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 3642006)

Steve1, I will try to explain my position on this.. There is I suppose some fine line between Sharing Content with other websites and self promotion.

In this particular instance, the members of OSO would never be able to see this content. OSO is an East Coast Based site, my site is a West Coast based site.. This is an offshore site, my site is a River/Lake site.

While there is certainly some cross over, the main "intent" of each site is in fact different. When the big events happen in the mid west, and the East Coast and I want to see them, OSO is the spot I would go to to see that content.

When an Event such as Desert Storm happens quite literally in my back yard (I'm looking at the lake as I type this), and I can cover it, I would assume the people that can't make the event from OSO would like to see it.

RDP is no real threat to OSO, no more then OSO is a threat to RDP. There is no self promotion here. It's just sharing content with individuals on the other side of the country that would want to see it in order to promote Desert Storm, and boating in general. In a short sited view i think one could come to your conclusion. In a bigger picture sort of view though, one might even come to the conclusion that this is a positive for OSO, it's members, and Desert Storm.

If the OSO team views it in your fashion, I'm quite sure I would've recieved a PM, a phone call, an e-mail, a smoke signal? Something.. But the fact is, last year a lot of OSO members enjoyed it, they talked about it here, and guess what.. OSO is still here, and the same as it ever was, and RDP is still here and the same as it ever was..

RD

Perlmudder 03-15-2012 08:24 PM

I for one am psyched that RDP has decided to invest into covering the event. I have never been to RDP, but I will definitely be signing up to check out the party at Desert Storm this year. Eventually I would love to make my way out to the West coast and do some boating there, but until then, I will gladly join RDP and support them for taking the time and energy to cover a great event.

PhantomChaos 03-16-2012 12:49 AM

RD sucks! :)

Dave.....did I get that right? :D

plaster dave 03-16-2012 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3642307)

Ya thats perfect

Jolley 03-16-2012 07:43 AM

Left Coast / Rite Coast :).............. :daz::argue:

BajaFresh 03-16-2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3642307)

Nort, It's RD SUX! :D

Steve1: You seem to be a very knowledgeable guy and have some good experience / credentials (according to you) but you are coming off like a tool!

I am very happy the RDP is covering DS as I won't be there. I have a similar event in the hot rod industry that I have to attend. I'll have my laptop and monitor the action on the side while promoting my business.

I'm sure there will be others that can't attend as well that will appreciate the coverage.

There is so much going on during the event that even participants will get to see stuff they normally wouldn't.

This seems like a win win for everyone. No need to muck it up with BS agendas.

Cavanti53 04-22-2012 11:24 PM

River Dave Live Web Cast Times - River Dave or Matt?

Originally Posted by RiverDave (Post 3642131)
Steve1, I will try to explain my position on this.. There is I suppose some fine line between Sharing Content with other websites and self promotion.

In this particular instance, the members of OSO would never be able to see this content. OSO is an East Coast Based site, my site is a West Coast based site.. This is an offshore site, my site is a River/Lake site.

While there is certainly some cross over, the main "intent" of each site is in fact different. When the big events happen in the mid west, and the East Coast and I want to see them, OSO is the spot I would go to to see that content.

When an Event such as Desert Storm happens quite literally in my back yard (I'm looking at the lake as I type this), and I can cover it, I would assume the people that can't make the event from OSO would like to see it.

RDP is no real threat to OSO, no more then OSO is a threat to RDP. There is no self promotion here. It's just sharing content with individuals on the other side of the country that would want to see it in order to promote Desert Storm, and boating in general. In a short sited view i think one could come to your conclusion. In a bigger picture sort of view though, one might even come to the conclusion that this is a positive for OSO, it's members, and Desert Storm.

If the OSO team views it in your fashion, I'm quite sure I would've recieved a PM, a phone call, an e-mail, a smoke signal? Something.. But the fact is, last year a lot of OSO members enjoyed it, they talked about it here, and guess what.. OSO is still here, and the same as it ever was, and RDP is still here and the same as it ever was..

RD

Matt Trulio or River Dave, Can you please post the times that the live webcast will start? I am very much looking forward to this. I was planning on going but cannot make it. Thank you for this. It's the next best thing!

Anarchy Powerboats 04-23-2012 12:19 AM

RD SUX!:thankyouthankyou:

jayboat 04-23-2012 11:51 AM

109 here yesterday... welcome to the desert. :whistle:

Very cool boating scene out here, gonna be a great week.
Photos are here.

They've made some improvements over at the Nautical.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7...aee8e21d_c.jpg

Wild 04-23-2012 12:02 PM

River Daves, Midwes boatparty, OSO

from left to right :)

the deep 04-23-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 3670675)
River Daves, Midwes boatparty, OSO

from left to right :)

Cant wait....looose da hounds....:evilb::evilb::evilb:
Almost forgot...RD SUX.....:lolhit:

schnydo 04-23-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3670666)
109 here yesterday... Welcome to the desert. :whistle:

Very cool boating scene out here, gonna be a great week.
Photos are here.

They've made some improvements over at the nautical.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7...aee8e21d_c.jpg

yay jay

RiverDave 04-23-2012 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cavanti53 (Post 3670390)
Matt Trulio or River Dave, Can you please post the times that the live webcast will start? I am very much looking forward to this. I was planning on going but cannot make it. Thank you for this. It's the next best thing!

The leader of the production crew will arrive either late tonight or tomorrow. When he gets here I will have him layou a schedule
For you. :)

RD