Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Took my 10 month old out for his first ride! >

Took my 10 month old out for his first ride!

Notices

Took my 10 month old out for his first ride!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my 10 month old out for his first ride!

Last Friday I took my 10 month old out for his first ride, other than losing his pacifier he loved it, need to rig up a teether for it! He sat in moms lap and had his hands in the air screaming and laughing the whole time! I hope he just continues to enjoy it through out his childhood as I did!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Gotta start 'em young! Looks like fun! Nice Oakleys....I have the same exact pair, same color!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I started my boy out young like that too . We were on the water every warm day till he got married . I don't know what happened but now he'd rather play in the mud and rocks with jeeps . Come to think of it , he'd never strap a tank on either but did visit me at 30' on a snorkel . Of course the tank was bigger than him at the time . What a great way to make great memories with your family . Enjoy them , they grow up too fast .
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Registered

Both of my kids were not even a week old when we took them boating for the first time. My son (4) asked only that when we bought our Baja that it makes a rooster tail and goes fast. (I agree with the deep, they grow up way too fast).
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Registered

Started mine at a month, just hanging out by the mangroves. Great way to spend time with family.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

AWESOME, glad to see your not afraid to bring a baby on the water........wife was pregnant and boating on a Sat/Sun. On Tuesday she gave birth to our first son (we have 3 now). 2 weekends later he was out boating with us, overnighting on the hook at 3 months and pulled a 5 night trip at 11 months old.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it's great to bring the kid on the boat I started bringing my baby girl at one month now she's 3 and love's boating " mostly going to the beach on the boat and playing "
just be careful with the little one on the boat

mike
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered

we took our son out for his first boat ride on a good friends boatwhen he was 6 months.the sound of the 548 bbc put him right to sleep.him and i still talk about that ride,since i wasnt sure if that was a smart idea.when my buddy fired up his 548 my son started crying,but as soon as we started moving and the vibration/noise if the h/p engine put him right to sleep.now when we go out to a local hot spot,he tells me to rev my 600s up for the girls.gotta love that.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Smile

Thats rad. I am taking my 10 month old daughter out for her first time this weekend to Havasu. She even as the same life jacket.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I tried to get the wife to take him out earlier, but she wanted him to be able to hold his head up well enough on his own. He will be a third gen, I was raised on these things and hope to continue to have the means for him to do the same. Since he liked it and baby Pratt #2 is brewing in the wifes belly it gives me ammo to go bigger!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.