Gorgeous, 50' Nortech on e-bay.... >

Gorgeous, 50' Nortech on e-bay....

Notices

Gorgeous, 50' Nortech on e-bay....

Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
We therefore know, how much gasoline we burn, in one hour, to make 1 hp.
Generally, it is about 0.82 gallons / hour / 1 hp
FYI: This data is available from the dyno runs. Most Merc motors, have well documented GPH@wot data.
Where can you get this data?

Michael
Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

I always heard 1 gph per hp so 2550 hp's = 2550 gph @ a theoretical top speed of 100 which = .39 mpg.
Still way bet than I'd guess.
Course @ $4. per that's $10,200. per hr @ WFO
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I always heard 1 gph per hp so 2550 hp's = 2550 gph @ a theoretical top speed of 100 which = .39 mpg.
Still way bet than I'd guess.
Course @ $4. per that's $10,200. per hr @ WFO
You got your decimal point in the wrong place...$1,020 per hour. If the boat burned 42+ gallons a minute you could only run it for 10 minutes before running out of fuel!

Not too many go fasts carry 2550 gallons of fuel.....

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 04-30-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im interested in this boat, what would be a super buy price on this boat? Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

So I was at a gas station filling up the Donzi and a guy on a Harley pulls up in the next bay, as he started filling up he laughs and yells over to me "I'll bet I get a lot better gas mileage than you!!!" ... I stuck my head in between the pumps and replied "not on the water you don't!"

Sbar I was also very interrested in it. Don't worry, I backed out. In general, I thought it was priced right at the original listing that I think was $275k. The eBay add said or best offer, so I have put in several offers over several of the times that it was listed. The last time that I put in a offer was in early March. The only thing that I was mildly concerned about was based on the engine hour meter those 850's should be about do for a re-fresh. I didn't want to buy a boat and then have to explain to wifey why I have to either just look at the boat or dump another $50k into the engines. The last time I pulled a fast one on wifey, I had to explain to her that I just bought a boat and that we needed to go on a fun filled vacation to Puerto Rico and load the boat on a cargo ship. She wasn't to happy with me and she won't let me buy another boat, at least for now.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if your worrying about what it cost to buy fuel the you better look at something else, thats a beautiful boat, or you can get ur friends to pitch in for fuel,like any of mine ever will
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
So I was at a gas station filling up the Donzi and a guy on a Harley pulls up in the next bay, as he started filling up he laughs and yells over to me "I'll bet I get a lot better gas mileage than you!!!" ... I stuck my head in between the pumps and replied "not on the water you don't!"

Sbar I was also very interrested in it. Don't worry, I backed out. In general, I thought it was priced right at the original listing that I think was $275k. The eBay add said or best offer, so I have put in several offers over several of the times that it was listed. The last time that I put in a offer was in early March. The only thing that I was mildly concerned about was based on the engine hour meter those 850's should be about do for a re-fresh. I didn't want to buy a boat and then have to explain to wifey why I have to either just look at the boat or dump another $50k into the engines. The last time I pulled a fast one on wifey, I had to explain to her that I just bought a boat and that we needed to go on a fun filled vacation to Puerto Rico and load the boat on a cargo ship. She wasn't to happy with me and she won't let me buy another boat, at least for now.
I was thinking the same thing on the rebuilds, im going to offer a fair price , kmowing that ill have to drop 50k on rebuilds, thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default Now that's...

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
The last time I pulled a fast one on wifey, I had to explain to her that I just bought a boat and that we needed to go on a fun filled vacation to Puerto Rico and load the boat on a cargo ship. She wasn't to happy with me and she won't let me buy another boat, at least for now.
funny. Been there, done that
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove by today and I see the boat is gone. did it get sold?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
I was thinking the same thing on the rebuilds, im going to offer a fair price , kmowing that ill have to drop 50k on rebuilds, thanks
Jim Darr, go away. Do you reallt think you can continue this nonsense?