Notices

Boat tie up etiquette

Old 03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Gentlemen. Had an idea of what would be proper. I appreciate all the responses.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

+1 on everything that was said. I cannot stand someone that just walks across my bow and not say a word. Ive seen this a million times. I guess its just me. Cannot stand to have my bow perfectly scratch free and clean and here we go some drunk jack a** does it. You hate to say anything but it happens I guess. The other part, dont get me wrong, I love women, but they have ZERO respect for anything you own. Sorry, rant is over.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

And don't ever go on someones swim platform with a lit cigarette without asking first. My wife plays a little game called (BIMBO TIPPING) if a girl walks on our platform with a lit smoke, she will politely tell them, please don't do that. If they do it again she will push them off the platform into the water. Thats what we call bimbo tipping.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
And don't ever go on someones swim platform with a lit cigarette without asking first. My wife plays a little game called (BIMBO TIPPING) if a girl walks on our platform with a lit smoke, she will politely tell them, please don't do that. If they do it again she will push them off the platform into the water. Thats what we call bimbo tipping.
i was up at PIB a couple of years ago and it just finished raining, I was in my 232 Capitva with a extended swim platform (so the boat technically had 2 platforms) and every time someone walked over the platform barefoot they left dirty foot prints, which was to be expected, so I laid towels down for people to walk on, can you believe I had a couple people walk on my engine hatch because they thought I was drying out my towels

Best advice, when in doubt, ask.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything mentioned + be courtious. When passing, a quick nod, hi, hello to the boats occupants. Not a big deal, don't desturb a conversation and so on. Just don't be that wierd tight-up stranger scared of other ppl. Boating is social and fun, usually ppl are friendly.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Track spikes and baseball cleats are generally considered bad taste - unless of course you kick the mud off on the rub rail (or windshield frame) first.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

Dont be a douchebag
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Always error on the safe side....bare feet. Shows respect for the other guys boat cause it's not your call whether it's a nice boat or not...it's his call. And never tie up off another boat unless you have permission. BTW it's easier getting permission with a set of big cans asking to tie off than it is with one of the 6 drunken slobs with camo wifebeaters on
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Ive got these cool snow shoes with metal spikes. Bare feet is the best option always in my opinion. And the hatch sometimes not the best area too cross. You cant see them but if you step in the middle of my buddies hatch he has cutouts for his aircleaners so he always lifts his hatch up about a foot so nobody aacidentally steps in one of those areas
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Socks and waxed glass usually ends up with a trip into the water. Bare feet is best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.