Notices

Another new guy!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new guy!

Hi,

Been on the site a few times, decided to finally join. I don't have what you would call a performance boat, but I have been boating all my life and have always been interested in fast boats, etc. I currently live on a small inland lake in west Michigan, but grew up running on lake St. Clair, Mullet lake in various boats my dad had. I have a '97 Chris Craft 21 foot Ultra that I bought as a family ride last year. It's bone stock with a 280hp Volvo 5.7 w/SX drive and tops out at 58 with two adults...I'm looking to upgrade from the stock alum. 19p prop and maybe get a nice gauge/ steering wheel set up for some bling. My thought is to do a few upgrades on it to learn some techniques that I can use when I get into the big leagues... Better start playing the lottery now!! Nothing much, but it's enough for the lake I primarily run on.... It's a go-fast among the many put-put pontoons on my lake! So, thanks for the site and I look forward to learning what I can and having fun! ---Rob
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome
Old 03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatlakestate
Hi,

Been on the site a few times, decided to finally join. I don't have what you would call a performance boat, but I have been boating all my life and have always been interested in fast boats, etc. I currently live on a small inland lake in west Michigan, but grew up running on lake St. Clair, Mullet lake in various boats my dad had. I have a '97 Chris Craft 21 foot Ultra that I bought as a family ride last year. It's bone stock with a 280hp Volvo 5.7 w/SX drive and tops out at 58 with two adults...I'm looking to upgrade from the stock alum. 19p prop and maybe get a nice gauge/ steering wheel set up for some bling. My thought is to do a few upgrades on it to learn some techniques that I can use when I get into the big leagues... Better start playing the lottery now!! Nothing much, but it's enough for the lake I primarily run on.... It's a go-fast among the many put-put pontoons on my lake! So, thanks for the site and I look forward to learning what I can and having fun! ---Rob
There is an unbelievable amount of knowledge to be had here at OSO !! Welcome and enjoy ....
Old 03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to OSO Rob!

You are not alone with having a smaller boat on OSO. The important thing is to have fun boating and enjoy it with the family and friends.