Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
8 yr old killed in boating accident >

8 yr old killed in boating accident

Notices

8 yr old killed in boating accident

Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sad, thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, is all I can say, have 3 kids (8 yr old daughter) and I just can't imagine going through this, God Bless them all.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I do not know anything about boat lifts but how does a boat go under a dock?
I see a lot of these lifts when we run down the intercoastal towards st augustine and most have a dock around the entire boat so it wouldnt take much to accidently miss the lift and go to far forward and under the dock. Just imagine if a cruiser was going by and you were trying to dock and the wake just knocked you forward under the dock. You also have the changing tides as well to deal with. Sad loss for the entire family
Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
I see a lot of these lifts when we run down the intercoastal towards st augustine and most have a dock around the entire boat so it wouldnt take much to accidently miss the lift and go to far forward and under the dock. Just imagine if a cruiser was going by and you were trying to dock and the wake just knocked you forward under the dock. You also have the changing tides as well to deal with. Sad loss for the entire family
Too add, the dock more than likely was a fixed dock a couple feet above the water to allow for tide changes. The lift was lowered into the water, and when trying to drive onto the lift; overshot it and went bow under the fixed portion of the dock.

Very, very sad. RIP.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Ok that is what I was sort of thinking. What a horrible deal.