Notices

One of the good guys

Old 04-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of the good guys

I am very, very delinquent in putting this post out.
I just wanted to recognize and thank one of the good guys, Augie Pensa.
About two years ago I lost my house to a fire, luckily my family all got out and no one including any volunteer fireman were injured, but I lost everything. My wife in an effort to replace some of my offshore racing shirts contacted someone at a NJ performance boat club (I've forgotten the initial contact) and ended up speaking with Augie.
Augie sent my wife some shirts he had from past races and even sent me some from his personal collection. I received an invite to the Atlantic City race (unfortunately cancelled for weather), and a general invite when I was in NJ.
In a time of personal crisis this truly touched me.
Again I just wanted to send an overdue thank you.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverRat311
About two years ago I lost my house to a fire, luckily my family all got out and no one including any volunteer fireman were injured, but I lost everything. My wife in an effort to replace some of my offshore racing shirts contacted someone at a NJ performance boat club (I've forgotten the initial contact) and ended up speaking with Augie.
Augie sent my wife some shirts he had from past races and even sent me some from his personal collection. I received an invite to the Atlantic City race (unfortunately cancelled for weather), and a general invite when I was in NJ.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck you had a couple of years ago. That really sucks and I can't imagine what you and your family went through losing everything but on the bright side no one got hurt. You are correct about what you said about Augie Pensa, he is one of the good guys on OSO, always willing to help anyone he can if possible. Hope that your misfortune of two years ago has change for the better for you and your family.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Augie Penza represents the best qualities of a true boat racer and sportsman. He has since the day he arrived on the scene.........
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You could go through this whole web forum and Not find a bad word written about him, all I ever heard was good.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverRat311
Brian that sucks i hope things are getting back to normal for ya!!

Jeremy
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augie is a top notch dude.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 556 Likes on 265 Posts

Augie is definitely the man! We were planning an interview with him in one of Powerboat's 2012 issues. That's one of the only stories I regret that I didn't get in before the magazine got the axe.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jajo
Augie is definitely the man! We were planning an interview with him in one of Powerboat's 2012 issues. That's one of the only stories I regret that I didn't get in before the magazine got the axe.
jajo!

Don't feel bad that you missed the interview with the Godfather. You can interview Augie right here on OSO. LOL

Last edited by AB From Windsor; 04-05-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: can't spell