Lake Conroe How are they on noise >

Lake Conroe How are they on noise

Notices

Lake Conroe How are they on noise

Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Conroe How are they on noise

I run a blown 540 thats pretty loud.What I mean by loud is that it is very deep in sound so it rattles things with just the baffles in it. I run 5" tails with water dumping on the tips. If I put my Gibson bullet mufflers along with the baffles it quiets it down quite a bit. But it is hard on my O2 Sensors. So what can I get away with on Lake Conroe?

Last edited by goebel1; 04-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goebel1
I run a blown 540 thats pretty loud.What I mean by loud is that it is very deep in sound so it rattles things with just the baffles in it. I run 5" tails with water dumping on the tips. If I put my Gibson bullet mufflers along with the baffles it quiets it down quite a bit. But it is hard on my O2 Sensors. So what can I get away with on Lake Conroe?
I wouldn't worry about it on the noise, there's a few loud ones here already. Jeff1000's boat that he sold had an incredible sound and I don't think they ever gave him any static. Mine's kind of loud but not nearly as much so as some others.

I'm curious, are y'all going out this weekend? I haven't dewinterized my boat yet but the kids are giving me some lip about putting some ski's in the drink tomorrow or Sunday.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I wouldn't worry about it on the noise, there's a few loud ones here already. Jeff1000's boat that he sold had an incredible sound and I don't think they ever gave him any static. Mine's kind of loud but not nearly as much so as some others.

I'm curious, are y'all going out this weekend? I haven't dewinterized my boat yet but the kids are giving me some lip about putting some ski's in the drink tomorrow or Sunday.

See ya,
Kelly
I am not in Texas yet... but I will be bring the boat down next week to put her in her new home. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row and feel out what all goes. I will take my boat out this Sunday up here in OK. I am doing some finial tuning on the Hering prop.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered

I hope her new home is Kenny's storage facility.
They're great folks and the new place is super sweet indeed.
I look forward to meeting y'all and welcome to SE Texas.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goebel1
I am not in Texas yet... but I will be bring the boat down next week to put her in her new home. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row and feel out what all goes. I will take my boat out this Sunday up here in OK. I am doing some finial tuning on the Hering prop.
I hear you went with Kenny and maybe we'll meet you soon! My 525's are very loud and never a problem for noise per se except the water cops are more likely to stop you. Be aware that Lake Conroe has led the state in "no refusal weekends" so if you are thought to be BUI and refuse the breath test they use warrants pre-signed by a judge to haul you in and take a blood test. So with a loud fast boat I would be super cautious about the driver's alcohol level. Passengers are OK right now, but I hear they are considering an open container law while under way. Rafting still OK to drink. The reason is there have been some stupid deaths and serious injuries due to booze and some hi profile citizens got involved.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
I hear you went with Kenny and maybe we'll meet you soon! My 525's are very loud and never a problem for noise per se except the water cops are more likely to stop you. Be aware that Lake Conroe has led the state in "no refusal weekends" so if you are thought to be BUI and refuse the breath test they use warrants pre-signed by a judge to haul you in and take a blood test. So with a loud fast boat I would be super cautious about the driver's alcohol level. Passengers are OK right now, but I hear they are considering an open container law while under way. Rafting still OK to drink. The reason is there have been some stupid deaths and serious injuries due to booze and some hi profile citizens got involved.
Thats a good heads up...Ill keep that in mine.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered

I am not on this lake much. My old boat was loud and never was stopped because of noise.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
Be aware that Lake Conroe has led the state in "no refusal weekends" so if you are thought to be BUI and refuse the breath test they use warrants pre-signed by a judge to haul you in and take a blood test. So with a loud fast boat I would be super cautious about the driver's alcohol level. Passengers are OK right now, but I hear they are considering an open container law while under way. Rafting still OK to drink. The reason is there have been some stupid deaths and serious injuries due to booze and some hi profile citizens got involved.
I was told no beer bottles, only cans. I have not seen any signs saying this but I have been told the cops will give you a ticket if you have any bottles on your boat.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I was told no beer bottles, only cans. I have not seen any signs saying this but I have been told the cops will give you a ticket if you have any bottles on your boat.
Thats kinda stander for most lakes and understandable law for the ones that throw their trash out.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Is there a speed limit that is enforced on the lake? I had heard there was and I understand enforcing it on busy holiday weekends.