Notices

Precision Marine

Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision Marine

We just spent a week working with the guys at Precision Marine down in Kenner, Louisiana and I wanted to pass along the positive experience we had. Both Mark and Chris are very knowledgeable and personable business owners and not once did they make us feel our little 26’ single engine boat wasn’t worth their time.

We had our 496 rebuilt from the crank out at another high performance marine engine shop but the engine’s ECM wasn’t tuned properly from the beginning. Everyone that I talked to all had ideas and suggestions but the problem was the type of ECM that is. At the time I was only aware of 3 shops that could tune the ECM, but without it being on the engine it was all shots in the dark and the last thing I wanted to do was screw up this engine while tuners on the other side of the country tried to figure it out. Once Mark and I spoke on the phone he informed me his shop was able to tune the ECM on the engine. This is exactly what I was looking for! We picked a week that worked for both of us and headed down south. Once we arrived they gave a tour of their facility and talked to us about what they intended on doing. Not once did I have to call to check up on the progress, each night around 5:30 Mark called to update us on the progress and status. They never once had us wondering what was going on. When all the work was completed Mark and Chris took us for a test ride on Lake Pontchartrain to show us first hand the improvements.

Now this is the important part, my wife wanted to kill me last year because we lost the entire Summer waiting for our engine to be built then for three different shops to figure out the alignment issue to only learn the engine wasn’t running properly! She was ready to get rid of the boat and had zero faith in the marine industry. After spending time with Precision Marine she learned that there are shops you can trust with our boat and money! She even posted a picture of Mark and Chris on Facebook and called them her new best friends!

If anything is going to be done to our engine from this point forward the guys at Precision Marine will be the ones that do it and my wife is on board. Besides, I cannot think of a better city to visit while work is being done on our boat.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

It's so great to hear of a positive experience in the marine industry. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

You're welcome and it really was my pleasure to share the story.

It is sometimes too easy to get wrapped up in all the negative and forget to talk about the positive.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great to hear. They are great to deal with and honest.

Rob
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Glad to hear. My experience with them was not so great
Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by marginmn
it's so great to hear of a positive experience in the marine industry. Thanks for sharing.
+1
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to read stuff like this. If my boat needed any serious work it would be on the trailer headed to Precision.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

It's been a couple years but they treated me very well. We had issues that had to be addressed but after Mark fixed them I'm convinced they were ethanol induced and not anything they had done (it was back when both Mark and I first encountered ethanol). Regardless, he stood up and got it worked out.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

Yep, great guys and honest as the day is long.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

They are also great translators for Pbam when he gets to drinkin' and you can't unnerstan his coonass.

Only met Chris a few times but Mark is first-rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.