Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built? >

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Notices

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Old 05-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

a 78 mark twain with a 454 and bravo. talk about a sleeper...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Imp?
Mine is solid as hell. Definately not the fastest thing on the water. Everything holds up and the ride is good.

My boat selection for worst boat are the mid 90's 30' baja's with all the hull delamination problems. There is a reason the boat weighs 2000 pounds less than comparable boats.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bosco
How about martini, p&d, bannana boat, regal velocity, mach 1, imperial 27"magnum knockoff", vip vindicators, larson senza, just to name a few.
All were garbage craft!
Remove Regal Velocity from that list, great boats, the Larson Senza is a pretty good boat as well. My friends have an 89 that besides normal things here and there, is holding up very well.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

bowling balls!!! any AMF product. Crestliner Rampage and Slickcraft. ok too stroked, what is your nominee?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Lake Muskoka. Concrete ramp or granite. Take your pick.

Just to add a little weirdness to the whole fiasco, if its not already weird enough, I ordered the boat from a place called Skinner's marina on the Trent Severn in Rosedale. Two years or so after I bought it, I heard a news story about the place. Seems the guy I bought it from, Ed Skinner found it necessary to shoot and kill the guy who he caught stoofing his old lady. Smart man that he was, he shoved the guy in his own car and drove it into the lake to sink it. Might have gotten away with it but, he used the boat ramp at his own marina to drive the car into the lake. Then he reported his car stolen.
Go figure.
Yeah quite the place. I launch at Rosedale Marine all the time which is 200 yds from the old Skinner's. Theres a story I got from several old salts at Rosedale. The story goes that Reeve was was buying new Four Winns runabouts/Cruisers from the factory unrigged. He would rattle can up an engine drive package from some old crock from the back of his Marina and installing them in the boats as new. Everything was fine until some people started to take their boats somewhere other than Skinners for warranty work, BUSTED!! A few months later he shows up dead in exactly the manner you describe. You hear anything about that? Maybe that was "disagreeing on how the Marina was to be ran"? LOL

http://www.mykawartha.com/news/news/article/905461
Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
bowling balls!!! any AMF product. Crestliner Rampage and Slickcraft. ok too stroked, what is your nominee?
Celebrity Firestar. And don't even ask me the thousands of reasons for the nomination.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My friend bought a new 21 ft Glasstream back in 1988 for $15,000. It had a 260hp Mercruiser and a radar arch. Actually, a very cool looking boat. I crawled into the cuddy and looked at where the hull and deck were screwed together. THEY USED 2.5" SCREWS!! They stuck almont 2" into the cuddy all the way around! After two years, the front deck had such a huge dip in it that it held 1.5" deep pool of water sitting after every rain.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Registered

Vip Vindicators... WOW what a joke!

When i was 18, I went looking for my first deep-v performance boat. I had only experience with jet boats prior to that. I went to the BAJA dealer and took a ride in a 20' Outlaw, but all they had was the Hammer. The salesman took me for a ride in a 454 Hammer, and I was REALLY impressed. Honestly the hammer was out of my price range. So I went across the street to the vip dealer, so I can see the "Cheaper entry level boat".

The sales guy ask me which baja I rode in, so I told him the hammer with the 454 mpi. He said lets take a drive in our 21' vindicator with a 350, he swore it would be faster and more impressive than my ride in the hammer.

Well once we got out on the lake, he throttled up and the boat felt like a paint can in a shaker. As we were going across the lake a 20' outlaw was coming at us. In the salesman's attempt to impress me he cranks it hard to the left to chase down the outlaw. Well I am a 300lb guy, and these vindicators came with bass boat chairs unless you bought the 24'. When he banked it hard the bolts in the base of the chair ripped out of the floor and I went down like Fraiser. The guy was so embarrased and appoligetic, but my wife literally pissed herself. That was the quietest ride back to the marina, but my wife had a grin that ajax and a brillo couldn't get off!!!

Needless to say, I ended up with a 20' outlaw...

Last edited by G-NOTE; 06-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by G-NOTE
Vip Vindicators... WOW what a joke!

When i was 18, I went looking for my first deep-v performance boat. I had only experience with jet boats prior to that. I went to the BAJA dealer and took a ride in a 20' Outlaw, but all they had was the Hammer. The salesman took me for a ride in a 454 Hammer, and I was REALLY impressed. Honestly the hammer was out of my price range. So I went across the street to the vip dealer, so I can see the "Cheaper entry level boat".

The sales guy ask me which baja I rode in, so I told him the hammer with the 454 mpi. He said lets take a drive in our 21' vindicator with a 350, he swore it would be faster and more impressive than my ride in the hammer.

Well once wew got out on the lake, he throttled up and the boat felt like a paint can in a shaker. As we were going across the lake a 20' outlaw was coming at us. In the salesman's attempt to impress me he cranks it hard to the left to chase down the outlaw. Well I am a 300lb guy, and these vindicators came with bass boat chairs unless you bought the 24'. When he banked it hard the bolts in the base of the chair ripped out of the floor and I went down like Fraiser. The guy was so embarrased and appoligetic, but my wife literally pissed herself. That was the quietest ride back to the marina, but my wife had a grin that ajax and a brillo couldn't get off!!!

Needless to say, I ended up with a 20' outlaw...
Now that is funny!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

A brown Sea Sprite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.