Notices

Decisions decisions

Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone on here gives good advice on both boats, but I think you should just buy the boat that you like. Both boats are beautiful and very well built, so just buy the one that you like the best...!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Everyone on here gives good advice on both boats, but I think you should just buy the boat that you like. Both boats are beautiful and very well built, so just buy the one that you like the best...!!
What ??
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Android74
I read and have watched the performance boat magazine reviews and they rave about teh tremor. I understand that lavey may be a better hull and rigged for open water. What i have read tremor has a great 24 degree step hull that has a roomy midcabin for the wifey and kids and a ton of room behind the driver and passenger seat. I love speed and sound. But, i also need space and coverage during the chilly illinois evenings. Guess we will decide when we head to corona in june for a much anticipated test drive. You guys kick ass. Thank you gentlman.
Don't rely on the magazine reviews. Most aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
How do these Lavey's handle the rough?

I have always tied the Lavey name with quality and speed but also always though ” lake boat”. I will be doing all my boating on the Gulf with occasional trips to the atlantic. I love and prefer a mid cabin....is this a boat I should be looking at?

Current choices

Baja OL
Warlock
Pantera
fountain

Those are the main. I am looking for a single engine 25'-29', that's quick, efficient, and well built for a nice ride.
Lavy Crafts are awesome in the rough, in fact the boat comes alive as conditions increase, better in the rough than the Fountain & Baja, and faster than the Pantera. Never been on a Warlock, but heard nothing boat good things about them, I just don't think they have a practical Vee layout unless racing.

Last edited by bert4332; 05-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Practical is what we are looking for. Speed is great but so is a large freeboard and cabin size. 70 is plenty fast. I still love to ski and the kids love water sports. Chop not big on river and lakes we boat in Illinois. 25 tremor lookin good.
Wife and I taken tremor and nuera for rides next month.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Android74
Practical is what we are looking for. Speed is great but so is a large freeboard and cabin size. 70 is plenty fast. I still love to ski and the kids love water sports. Chop not big on river and lakes we boat in Illinois. 25 tremor lookin good.
Wife and I taken tremor and nuera for rides next month.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/2986196942.html

Shockwave will run 70 with a 496 HO I have seen 72 before. Real conditions with all your stuff and a few peeps 65 mph with the 496 Ho. Handles the rough very well. I have been to Catalina in one. The Lavey is a great boat also but my vote is Shockwave.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered

Great boat relax a lot. Just wish it were open bow.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

My friend has a Shockwave Tremor and he absolutely loves it. I have been in it in very severe water and it was scarey but handled it so well. It is an impressive boat. I like the Howard Bullett better but the $$$ is not even close. The Tremor is huge for a 25'.. The hull cuts through some ugly chop. The cuddy is nice for the kids. Get yourself a couple of AO softside coolers and your are good to go. I would get the lower swimstep and underwater exhaust at idle. On plane the exhaust is exposed. Try to test drive them in very similar conditions. If you get out to Havasu and my bud is out there I am sure he would give you a hot lap. Good luck on your search!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

If you haven't already looked, you'll find lots more people w/ experience w/ both brands on the west coast sites, riverdavesplace.com and perfomanceboats.com.

I've read lots of good things about both brands, either would be a fine choice for your uses I think.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Thank you for the advice. We are headin out to corona the first week of June to look/drive the laveycraft nuera and the tremor. How much lower is the lowered swim step? And do they have captains call exhaust on the tremor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.