Notices

Need a new boat cover

Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a new boat cover

Well went out to check on my boat after the tornado's saturday night since my boat was stored in/near the path of distruction and the cover was compleatly gone, the interior was trashed and the drains were filled with debree and the boat was full of water.

So anyone know where I can get a full cover for a Chris cat? I assume a 31' american offshore would work too....
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.discountboatcover.com/

dont know if these guys will work. If they dont have your boat you will have to go by style. I found these guys to be the best bang for your buck. They include free shipping and straps. I had to go by style for my fountain. Thinkin I paid 300 bucks, same cover that iboats sells and its cheaper. Its a semi custom fit and works well, it doesnt fit like a glove, and if that what your looking for you will probably spend 700-800 bucks for a cover. Me personally I wouldnt trailer with a cover anyways, and all I need it to do is keep the sun and water out.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to hear. Unless someone has one laying around, I doubt there are many manufacturers that have a template for that boat. A quick check of Carver and Westland came up empty.

Make some calls and get over to a canvas shop, if insured, it should be covered, if not you still need one sooner than later for protection. They can probably turn one out faster than a unit could be cut, sewn and shipped anyway. With an older boat like that, there is probably some unique characteristics that a custom cover guy will add padding to prevent wear thru.
I doubt there will be much savings buying "off the rack" anyway with such a large, unique cover.

Sunbrella is my prefered, durable fabric
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402 View Post
Those are Carver covers.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChargeIt View Post
Those are Carver covers.
yeah thats what I was going to say but the name was eluding me.