Notices

US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Old 06-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NW_Jim
[B]In response to the Founding fathers being Deist's.

NW_Jim, WOW , once again knowledge is a powerful tool.
Thanks for the post and History lesson!

Jan
Old 06-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

NW_Jim,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Old 06-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Now I am REALLY looking forward to what Crash and Catmando have to say to refute that bit of FACT!
Old 06-27-2002, 02:36 PM
supercrash

You got it shane....

If god gave us rights that can't be taken away then i suppose that the right to own slaves and kill them , or killing homosexuals is my god given right...?...right...my money says "In god we trust"....Why can't we trust him on these "god given rights"....

what is really amazing is that you guys can't predict what my response would be to jims post...

If god gave us these rights then who thought they were above god and thought they could change gods laws and take away my god given rights....?....

Shane...I bet you can't wait for Jims response to this post ....right.....GOOD LUCK JIM....

Old 06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GMHDFAN

Ok. I get your point.

IGGY
As for should you be required to speak two languages.
Required, No. Although I would think it can only help you or anyone else for that matter.
But what the heck does it matter if things are printed in English and Spanish?? As for the private sector, which the Telephone company IS. It's called capitalisim, more people reading a certain item or product = MORE MONEY.

I agree it can only help someone to learn English just the same it can only help someone to learn Spanish or French or Japanese.

But the bottom line it is not a LAW that anyone is reuired to learn English to live here in this country.

And more often than not some people, that use that line"learn english or move back to your country is a bunch of BS" they usually have another agenda at hand.

I'm not saying you do.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Crash,

Keep in mind I to do not believe in god. I just believe that our founding fathers believed in god and built our great country with honor, dignity, and respect. As I have often said, I believe that people today need to have higher values than they currently do. People today have become way too self righteous and agrandizing for me. Out of respect for our founding fathers and beliefs they founded this great country under I have no problem with the pledge as it is. First and foremost I am an AMERICAN. I am a patriot, and I pledge allegiance to my flag and those who have defended it. It is my belief that a ruling such as this, if allowed to stand, will only serve to further our country's downward spiral. How sad it has become. It is not the religion part that is the real problem here. It is a much bigger issue. That children today need as much guidance as possible and love of country and respect for the flag is of paramount importance in a childs upbringing.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Talking WOW!!!

Supercrash just admitted that there is a God!!! And they say miracles never happen...
( A cheap shot, but it HAD to be taken!)
Old 06-27-2002, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just want to know what you all do for a living in order to dwell on this crap. Also, a couple more things that I will guess on:
for one, its very apparent that there are people here that are very pessimistic rather then optimistic in life. (look the difference up in the dictionary)
and two, neither they nor their ancestors were in the Military fighting for this country, and if they were, I'm sure they ended up with a dis-honorable discharge.
And one last comment, you would have never made it through the depression since that took more optimism and gratefulness for what they had rather then not having.
God Bless America!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Okay...second post in response to Crash...

Why is it that when the word god is mentioned it means the "Bible" God? And on top of that, you only refer to the Old Testament God. You must have stopped reading before you got to the New Testament...take heart, you can pick up a copy in any hotel room.

It actually is VERY easy to predict your responses...kill homosexuals, kill your children...the same redundant Mantra.

I will once again state, if there is no god, biblical or otherwise, why are you so adamant about a reference to god? The existance of a god is a belief, not a religion. Atheism is actually a religion based on the definition because you act upon YOUR BELIEFS!!

You say that you don't want my "religion" pushed down your throat, I don't want your religion pushed down mine either.

Todd
Old 06-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Pantera24
.......So the question is where is all the money that we are paying for public schools going????

Just heard on Rush today that the Dept. of Education wastes....not spends.....wastes over 6,000,000,000. (thats BILLION) a year. Makes me sick to my stomach.......

Quick Reply: US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.