Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform >

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Notices

Help !!!!avoid water ingestion Wellcraft Nova 26 ST with exhaust under swim platform

Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Diego9040
Yes, you re the one that first gave me this idea and that makes sense ,then i read other stuff only and came to this conclusion, i am not sure if this boat came with factory silent choice and someone took it out , thanks again
b4 you edited youe first post i could have sworn you said that your mechanic took out the corsa diverters and the ypipes?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You say they are "pretty much stock", what is not stock about them? I hear bug blocks are bad about reversion, if that is the case it may have little to do with where your exhaust exits are or what mufflers or tips or flappers you run. Might want to consider a different set of exhaust risers that dump water into the exhaust a little later or an aftermarket set of exhaust that dumps water in later along with other improvements to deter reversion.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you re the one that first gave me this idea and that makes sense ,then i read other stuff only and came to this conclusion, i am not sure if this boat came with factory silent choice and someone took it out , thanks again
Silent choice was a factory option with these boats
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgC2pbWIAIY

Here is a video where you can see how low the boat seats in the water.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i would get aluminum manifolds, int and exhaust. take at least 200 lbs out of the back of boat. and risers that add the water closer to transom...thru prop makes little diff. the water level in the y-pipe is just as high.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Put bolsters they seats higher.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Just joking. Nice looking boat.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgC2pbWIAIY

Here is a video where you can see how low the boat seats in the water.
i would make some holes in that swim platform to reduce the water pressure when the water slams into the back of the boat.. of get rid of it and get a tube style one..
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

If you your sucking water through an exhaust valve "Reversion" it is from the cam shaft, The LSA and duration "valve overlap" is extremly important on a marine engines. The main problem with modern center riser manifolds is the vacume break in the riser has been removed.

A must read for any one using center risershttp://www.michel-christen.com/ExhaustElbows.pdf

If the exhaust tips are exiting the hull lower than the riser.
Depending on the down angle , it is unlikely that water would back flow through to the exhaust valve . a Lower down grade exit is actually safer than a higher no grade exit.

The only way you got water ingestion was from reversion. People who run radical cams in a marine enginet will exit the cold water further down the exhaust pipe .

Reversion
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXJyYFpTplg&list=UUwj68Jgp7NcKJ6IIxnICgvg& index=6&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by minx163; 05-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Went to stainless marine and Jerry got the int flappers installed for me on my ss tailpipes , moving along, new 383's with dart iron eagle heads and dart intake, msd ignition system , to be installed soon , looking for low and mid range torque, estimating close to 400 hp each.

My previous mechanic gave me my money back (got lucky)and he kept the 454's , hope to get no water issues with 500 lbs less in the back (383's) .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.