Checkmate Production Slammed >

Checkmate Production Slammed

Notices

Checkmate Production Slammed

Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Great news, wish others would realize there is still demand for a mid performance single engine model
100% agreed.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Hey pantera,ya looking at this post? and i bet they all get theirs before the summer is over...
LOL

Great story Matt!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jln
have not yet seen the completed boat . maybe its a 24' hull with 2 ft swim platform or a true 26' . it was not long ago the 454 mag was rated at 385 hp and powered a 24 outlaw into the 60's . Checkmate still builds all the same boats they just added a few of the baja molds since Doug Smith bought the company. Great to see Checkmate is doing well with boat orders. they build a very good product at a fair price, but as we all know its often the power packages that drive the costs way up
+1

I can tell you that it is a true 26' hull with a bolt-on aluminum, or nice looking fiberglass swim that is still in development. It is a great looking new model that was designed with input from both Checkmate and former Baja designers, but it is a totally fresh design that the industry could use right now. It is too easy to say now is not the time to invest in new products, but you have to give them credit for rolling the dice.

XT
Old 05-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by matthewr
Yes they are using they're molds. Its obvious on some of there newer boats. The convincor lineup is still the same great checkmate hull. Most of theirs are now Baja molds with checkmate Touch ups, but not all of them are baja molds. This is not "confirmed info" but you can tell some of their boats are just that.

http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/C...ts-ZT-275.html - Baja
http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/C...ts-ZT-350.html - Baja
http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/C...ts-ZT-244.html - Baja H2X
At least the paint schemes are a little tamer than some of the Baja's. That designer at Baja needs to settle down a bit, and for heavens sake someone please take his flourescent paint away from him
Old 05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TC G
At least the paint schemes are a little tamer than some of the Baja's. That designer at Baja needs to settle down a bit, and for heavens sake someone please take his flourescent paint away from him
My desk was not far from his and I know what you mean. He has not done any new paint job designs since 08'.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 PM
jln
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
+1

I can tell you that it is a true 26' hull with a bolt-on aluminum, or nice looking fiberglass swim that is still in development. It is a great looking new model that was designed with input from both Checkmate and former Baja designers, but it is a totally fresh design that the industry could use right now. It is too easy to say now is not the time to invest in new products, but you have to give them credit for rolling the dice.

XT
Thanks for the info , i have been a loyal Checkmate owner since 97 currently have a 08 ZT280 which i bought new . i can say for a fact that the boats have gotten some needed updates (grafics & interiors) i hope Doug Smith and team keep the quality up. the hull warranty is 10 years to the original owner which is great . when i was shopping for a new boat a couple of years ago knowing that it would never be an offshore race boat but a nice performance boat my decision came down to price and quality and i stayed with Checkmate.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Thats great. I love checkmates im on my 3rd. Always loved the lines and its one of the only performance boats that I like the windshield. my ZT280 has the same stance in the water as my 84 18' Eluder did. GLad to see theyre doing well.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Thats great. I love checkmates im on my 3rd. Always loved the lines and its one of the only performance boats that I like the windshield. my ZT280 has the same stance in the water as my 84 18' Eluder did. GLad to see theyre doing well.
Agreed! Checkmates are the only boat I like with a windshield. I think mine looks like a corvette sitting in the water sometimes. Love it. Great hull to. Nice to have something no one else has on the lake to.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage

It says production is filled through june/july for certain models. Curious how long from start to finish on a 24/26? Be cool to see the facility sometime. Open house in the future?
Did you get to see any of the place when you dropped the Sunsation off or did we just stay outside?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

The new 26 is the old outlaw. Same bottom just new deck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.