Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ???? >

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Notices

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Old 06-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Total Absudity

As I have been saying for years, the gasoline and fuel users here in America are being played now as we always have for years! The price of these fuels and products is controlled by a near monopoly industry and they will charge without good cause whatever they want, when they want and for as long as they want. THEY ANSWER TO NO ONE! They got us by the HUEVOS and the're not going to let go until we pop!
As I also keep saying, the higher than justified prices being charged for fuels are ONE of the single biggest threats to our already tettering and frail economy! To bad they don't care!
Amercias disposable income, the REAL driver of the economy and its recovery is being diminished and destroyed dailey!
They have been doing it in Europe for longer than here and look where Europes economy is today!

My suggestion to Mr. Romney, you really want to get elected, make this a campaign issue and stop some of the economic insanity like this issue going on in the US today and tomorrow!

Sad Situation!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Up .15 over night here. Did we Bomb Sombody!! F&CKRS!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diesel... $3.27 in lulling,tx will be filling trk & boat for road trip.
Ck out the gassbuddy app!
I don't get it...fuel is cheaper outside of San Antonio, and less store competition.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Up .14 between Sunday and Monday.....then another .15 Monday night. Barrel of oil still hovering at $84.
WTF???? I believe in a free market system, this is wrong.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The day to day price fluctuations in anything can be caused by speculators. The long term price is affected TOTALLY by macro influences and speculators have NOTHING to do with it. You are mixing apples and oranges. Specs have to sell everything they buy within a month or two or take delivery.

The main reason oil is 4x the price it was 10-15 years ago is the left wing dream that a weak currency is good for a country. It is not and it drives the price of inelastic goods (like oil, food) up, hurting the middle and lower classes the most. It is no coincidence that gold, oil and base foods are all up 4x over the same time period. It is all due to dollar weakness.

Why is the dollar weak, the US is broke, totally broke. Our fiscal house is such a mess that we have to borrow and print mountains of money which devalues our currency and pushes up oil prices.

Once again Speculators have NOTHING to do with long term oil prices. Liberalism and their dollar destroying policies are the main culprits.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish everything came down in price eventually like oil and gas has been prone to do. While everyone pays attention to the fluctuation in gas prices, most everything else we use and buy has gone up, steadily.

If you look at today's car prices, you'll see that gasoline is a lesser burden. I bought a car in 2004 for $15k. That same car is now $20k. I don't want to talk about food, cell phone bills and cable bills, all of which have become larger parts of most people's budgets. In my car, driving 20K miles a year translates into a little over 700 gallons of gas for the year. Every 50 cents a gallon is $350 a year. That equates to two months of my cable/internet bill. Obviously, the more you use the more it hurts.

Oil is now somewhere in the mid point of comfort level for the producers. Somewhere in the 70 - 90 range. Too low, supply dries up due to the cost of our supply here domestically. It would be nice if gas went up by the inflation rate, but it's just not going to. Plan for $4 a gallon, and act accordingly. I have to fill up on the water, and I seriously doubt any pleasant surprises await me there.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Elections have consequences , that Regime in DC Hates Coal and Oil , The price is coming down a little in SPITE of them , they have no Control of drilling on public Land (yet) .
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I bought a car in 2004 for $15k. That same car is now $20k.
How much did 2500 lbs of aluminum and steel cost in 2004 vs. 2012? How many more electronics and/or higher technology are in that same model car since 2005? What's the value of the US dollar today vs. 2005? There's a lot to be considered.

I don't buy the fact that speculation doesn't exist. I just don't buy it.. Commodities are being traded on the open market, these are things that people rely on and need to exist. In my opinion there will always be a certain level of speculation, no matter what color it's painted

I hear you on the other stuff about cable, phone etc.... It's gotten to the point where it's really out of control and a lot of people are scaling back on data plans, HD channels and all the other bells and whistles from conversations I've been having with friends and family.. The average family with cable and cell phone for instance will pay about $3-500 month in non-essential services.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The value of a dollar has drastically dropped in this amateur nonsense .
Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
How much did 2500 lbs of aluminum and steel cost in 2004 vs. 2012? How many more electronics and/or higher technology are in that same model car since 2005? What's the value of the US dollar today vs. 2005? There's a lot to be considered.

I don't buy the fact that speculation doesn't exist. I just don't buy it.. Commodities are being traded on the open market, these are things that people rely on and need to exist. In my opinion there will always be a certain level of speculation, no matter what color it's painted

I hear you on the other stuff about cable, phone etc.... It's gotten to the point where it's really out of control and a lot of people are scaling back on data plans, HD channels and all the other bells and whistles from conversations I've been having with friends and family.. The average family with cable and cell phone for instance will pay about $3-500 month in non-essential services.
Yup. Supply will fill demand. A lot has gone on this year already. We had Iran, global tensions, Europe. Now we have a realization that things are ok in parts, but slowing growth in China. China has been a key driver of oil's rise. The US has profited by exporting into their demand. As China growth slows, this will slack somewhat.

As always, people will cut back on what they want to, and keep what's more important to them. But as demand gets smaller, some things go up in price while others decline. Oil is one of those things. People also forget. One of the key ingredients of of lower oil prices, is usually bad economic conditions. Thankfully, high growth no longer necessarily means enormous demand for oil as it once did. China and India are exceptions to that rule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.