Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hustler Powerboats 39 Rockit Tops 130 mph >

Hustler Powerboats 39 Rockit Tops 130 mph

Notices

Hustler Powerboats 39 Rockit Tops 130 mph

Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It sucks, but there was nothing I could do about it. Unfortunately, I can't run to Radio Shack and grab a new cable. The boat is on it's way back to TN right now. I'm leaving on Thursday for a week to go tuning, so hopefully the props make it before then and we can go run it. If not, we will run it as soon as I come back. I am dying to go ring it's neck to see what it's made of. Hustler is also building one with Merc 1100's, so it will be a good comparison.

These engines will go 250-300 hours before we dig into them. At that time, we will just go through the entire engine. These engines already had over 300 in the last boat. We reused the same block at the same bore size, crank, rods, balancer, flywheel,Jesel timing set, Jesel rockers, etc. We changed the heads and went to a 4.0L whipple for a little more power. THey had a 3.3Whipple and Dart 345 heads. They made just under 1000 hp. THe owner had them in a 388 Slingshot and ran them for about 310 hours.

THanks Smitty.
Eddie
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I owned a Donzi and now a Fountain. I have ridden in an OL a few times and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.......I just want a ride in this boat.

I got to see bits and pieces of it coming together. All I will say is Dang. Great execution on a plan. It is a work of art and runs. Mean Streak's smile as he runs down CH Lake is the most important thing. I bet it will be bigger than it was the last time I saw him in the 388.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
I owned a Donzi and now a Fountain. I have ridden in an OL a few times and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.......I just want a ride in this boat.

I got to see bits and pieces of it coming together. All I will say is Dang. Great execution on a plan. It is a work of art and runs. Mean Streak's smile as he runs down CH Lake is the most important thing. I bet it will be bigger than it was the last time I saw him in the 388.
We are smiling so big our jaws are cramping, let's get together and go for a ride brother!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, I can tell you for a fact that the owner of this boat is in no way all that concerned about top speed or comparing this boat to any other boat on the market!

I spoke with Eric for a good while last night. This is a man that has a good relationship with both Jo and Eddie and decided it was time for a new boat and all obviously agreed it would be a fun project. They all worked together in harmony and got'r done with out any drama or hiccups, the way a buying and putting together a new boat should be. Eric is a man that is not looking to set the world on fire with this boat. Eric's the guy speaking softly but carrying a big stick... this boat will spend 99% of it's time cruising at 3000 rpm or less and he wont give a crap how it stacks up to any other make or model! He was just out to build his dream boat and by all measures it would appear he's done so! Reliability and ease of use was another goal and if these rebuilt engines hold up as well as they did the first time around, I think Eric will be one happy man with his new boat!

So while all the bench racers are arguing back and for forth about who's boat is 1 mph faster, Eric will be the good olé boy cruising by with a big azz smile on his face, not giving a shat!

Eric, it was a real pleasure speaking with you, hope to cross paths with you one of these days... congrats again on a great build!

Scot
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Guys, I can tell you for a fact that the owner of this boat is in no way all that concerned about top speed or comparing this boat to any other boat on the market!

I spoke with Eric for a good while last night. This is a man that has a good relationship with both Jo and Eddie and decided it was time for a new boat and all obviously agreed it would be a fun project. They all worked together in harmony and got'r done with out any drama or hiccups, the way a buying and putting together a new boat should be. Eric is a man that is not looking to set the world on fire with this boat. Eric's the guy speaking softly but carrying a big stick... this boat will spend 99% of it's time cruising at 3000 rpm or less and he wont give a crap how it stacks up to any other make or model! He was just out to build his dream boat and by all measures it would appear he's done so! Reliability and ease of use was another goal and if these rebuilt engines hold up as well as they did the first time around, I think Eric will be one happy man with his new boat!

So while all the bench racers are arguing back and for forth about who's boat is 1 mph faster, Eric will be the good olé boy cruising by with a big azz smile on his face, not giving a shat!

Eric, it was a real pleasure speaking with you, hope to cross paths with you one of these days... congrats again on a great build!

Scot
Hmmmm....sounds like Scot may be in line for a 39 Rocket next! Good luck Scot and cant wait to see your build with Hustler!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hmmmm....sounds like Scot may be in line for a 39 Rocket next! Good luck Scot and cant wait to see your build with Hustler!
I'm sadly still in the market for my new foster parents before I can do so.

Honestly though, when the time comes to buy another boat, the 39 is and has been on my short list for a long time now. This boat is perfectly sized to be able to move and store it, not having to worry about having 100' of dock space to park it, it has a real cabin, I like the styling, and it's just about as fast as anything else out there, not to mention it sounds like the bottom is 100% dialed in. For me it's a great fit and I don't see much not to like about it, other than the $ to buy one!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930

I spoke with Eric for a good while last night. This is a man that has a good relationship with both Jo and Eddie and decided it was time for a new boat and all obviously agreed it would be a fun project. They all worked together in harmony and got'r done with out any drama or hiccups, the way a buying and putting together a new boat shoPuld be. Eric is a man that is not looking to set the world on fire with this boat. Eric's the guy speaking softly but carrying a big stick... this boat will spend 99% of it's time cruising at 3000 rpm or less and he wont give a crap how it stacks up to any other make or model! He was just out to build his dream boat and by all measures it would appear he's done so! Reliability and ease of use was another goal and if these rebuilt engines hold up as well as they did the first time around, I think Eric will be one happy man with his new boat!

Scot
I enjoyed talking to you to brother, we will cross paths somewhere in the future. We go to some poker runs and to LOTO this year. Talked to Wilson Performance Marine today, decided to send the drives to them to have them blue printed. Talked to Craig Wilson this morning, what a nice guy. Get the new props in and get the drives done and we should be ready to go!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Any updates on this boat? Has it been run again with different props yet?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Not yet, dropped the drives off at Wilson Custom Marine in Stuart, Fl yesterday. And the new props from Hering are a couple of weeks out, we are getting close. Just wanted everything perfect before we go testing. I have been rubbing and hugging on it a lot to! Turned out really nice. Once we get it on the hoist at the lake I'm going to take the trailer to Myco and have a foot added on it and painted.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Got to have everything perfect before I can enjoy it, some sort of mental illness or so I've been told. Ha ha! But we getting close brother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.