Notices

Python boats?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Python boats?

Hey guys what do you think of Python boats? How is the build quality, rigging etc.? I assume they run like most of the 24/7 boats. Is it the same hull as a 24' Pantera? This seems like a pretty nice boat, whats your thoughts?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45049-en.html

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a 90 24 Python. The rigging was ok not the best but not the worst either. Mine had a rotten transom when I got it so it was replaced. Unfortunately, mine caught on fire this weekend and is unrepairable but I had pulled the fuel tank out for a leak. I didn't like how they had foam all around the tank which held water and caused the tank to leak. The gas tank area is sealed so if you do have a leak it has no where for it to go so that was worrying also. I did find some stringer rot from how they had screwed the fuel tank down on top of the stringers. The floor and the rest of the boat was very solid. It rode pretty good but at high speeds it could be a handfull. I had a 500hp motor with a 1.36 drive and got it to 74.7 last year and I was looking forward to trying my new prop that should have given me another 300 rpm and put me at 78 mph. The boat you have listed is newer and has probably been taken care of better than was before I got it. Even with the issue I would buy another one for the right price.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

I also had a 1990 24 python. Yes, they run like every other 24/7 boat. They are a "drivers boat" meaning you have to constantly stay on top of the controls when your driving it. Not a relaxing drive by any means. It has a small pad on the hull. Rigging was not so good on mine, but was very reliable. They don't respond well to weight. Very easy to sink one if you have more than 5 people on board. Even with 5 people you will feel uneasy about the height of the transom in the water. I will say mine never had any stress cracks and was a solid hull. They handle rough water very well, but you need to be running 60+. Once you get on the pad it will slice thru rough water like a knife. 3's was about the limit on that boat. Mine wasn't balanced well and when it launched it would come down on its side sometimes, which is why I sold it. The balance is repairable. Mine had a 390hp 502 and ran around 70.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Looks like a really clean boat.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

FYI - I just reduced the price on this Python

It is a Fantastic boat and an Excellent deal!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45049-en.html