Notices

bravo question

Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
also if you want to try reverse and foward make sure you do a long pause as that shaft will spin freely even after disengaged, best to even eyeball it to make sure it stopped before going in opposite direction
I was thinking the same thing but what happens when the boat is in the water and you are moving in one direction and need to go in the other like docking?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
I was thinking the same thing but what happens when the boat is in the water and you are moving in one direction and need to go in the other like docking?
The water will stop the prop from spinning quickly. When it's not in water it will free spin for a while.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the prop, why take a chance, I know cords, hoses, ropes, ect... have a evil side to them, they hate me and ALWAYS trip me up!! I will die by cord!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossett
The water will stop the prop from spinning quickly. When it's not in water it will free spin for a while.
if the boat is moving the water will keep the prop spinning, on my boat when its out of the water the time it takes me to put it in neutral and walk back and look at the drives they have already stopped spinning.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
also if you want to try reverse and foward make sure you do a long pause as that shaft will spin freely even after disengaged, best to even eyeball it to make sure it stopped before going in opposite direction
That's what I do! I do a visual to make sure it stopped.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Pull the prop, why take a chance, I know cords, hoses, ropes, ect... have a evil side to them, they hate me and ALWAYS trip me up!! I will die by cord!
I flush from the sea-strainer, no worries!