Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why my boat was named    Solo >

Why my boat was named Solo

Notices

Why my boat was named Solo

Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your boat your own deal.. most of the time people ( friends) will prob screw it up anyway..Its best you do it yourself then you dont get pissed off at anyone.. Its like asking for gas money ( yea I got 20 bucks ) You know what you can do with that!! I would go somebody in the real boating community with be there to help out if needed....
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Now If I go own your boat, U would freek out on how I would assist in many ways to create a quality enviroment for all concerned. I wish I could find anouther mini me to help me. LOL, Mini Me
Originally Posted by antisocial
Your boat your own deal.. most of the time people ( friends) will prob screw it up anyway..Its best you do it yourself then you dont get pissed off at anyone.. Its like asking for gas money ( yea I got 20 bucks ) You know what you can do with that!! I would go somebody in the real boating community with be there to help out if needed....
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
B38
Registered

My Ole Lady or should I say, deck hardware.
She seems to know how to piss me off with this on /off business. Hot/cold is more like it. Pain in my @ss.
Well, she is not comming to jacksonville. Who hoo, Yes.
1 less in my mess.
B38
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Lose the expectations, and with that will come less frustrations. It's your boat, your responsibility. I've come to this conclusion many years ago. And it works. Hell, when people ask me if they can help, I usually instruct them to meet me at the bar, because the wife and I have it down to a science and can finish our duties faster and more to our satisfaction than anyone else can. Never mind the fact that I like to wrench and detail alone, whereby you can devote everything the utmost attention without any distractions or 20 questions. I invite friends for company, not labor. It's not like I'm ever going to go over to one of my buddy's houses and mow their lawn before a BBQ that I'm invited to, I see the boat as no different.
Spot on CigDaze..... Spot on
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

What I always say "My Friends are always there when they need Me" Don't sweat it, People that are really interested in it (your boat/boating) will show it by being helpful, if not, as long as you are having fun thats what really counts, you can't make other people have fun....
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
My Ole Lady or should I say, deck hardware.
She seems to know how to piss me off with this on /off business. Hot/cold is more like it. Pain in my @ss.
Well, she is not comming to jacksonville. Who hoo, Yes.
1 less in my mess.
B38
Depending on how much she weighs you should run a mile or two faster. lol. I'm looking forward to seeing your Bertram Kurt. Glad you changed your mind about the run.

Bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 05-16-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Lose the expectations, and with that will come less frustrations. It's your boat, your responsibility. I've come to this conclusion many years ago. And it works. Hell, when people ask me if they can help, I usually instruct them to meet me at the bar, because the wife and I have it down to a science and can finish our duties faster and more to our satisfaction than anyone else can. Never mind the fact that I like to wrench and detail alone, whereby you can devote everything the utmost attention without any distractions or 20 questions. I invite friends for company, not labor. It's not like I'm ever going to go over to one of my buddy's houses and mow their lawn before a BBQ that I'm invited to, I see the boat as no different.
Thats beautiful Nick, did you copy and paste this or just make it up? Your last line is brilliant and pretty much sums it up. Personally, I like to take friends who rarely or never get a chance to go on a boat. However, the ones that want to go all the time should kick in for gas & beverages. I wouldnt expect them to wash & wax the boat, but its always nice to have a hand unloading coolers, trash, etc at the end of the day.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Greg, that one's © 2012 Nick. All Rights Reserved.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 AM
B38
Registered

I love taking newbees on the boat, love to make memories.
just do not need users. tons of them out there.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
I love taking newbees on the boat, love to make memories.
just do not need users. tons of them out there.
Completely agree. There's a big difference between a guest and a freeloader. Good friends fall in to the former, and the rest in the latter.

And I love taking newbs out for their first ride. I think it's almost as satisfying for me as it is for them. You'd be hard-pressed to find too many people at my marina that I haven't taken out one time or another. It's all part of the fun.