swap shop/ general questions

Notices

swap shop/ general questions

Old 05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default swap shop/ general questions

swap shop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for opinions of what is proper and fair for parts that are sold and bought out of the OSO swap shop.

If you find a part you are looking for in the swap shop agree to a price (plus or minus shipping) and send money to the person for said item i have always been of the opinion that when the money has been collected by the seller that they are responsible for getting the parts sent out in a timely manner. Along with this i believe that tracking numbers should be forwarded in order to make sure of delivery/ issues.
When does the liability of making sure that the parts are delivered to the buyer end for seller? And if there is an issue with the parts not being delivered what would be considered proper protocol?
Just trying to get a feel for how the majority of people would think of this situation...

Dave
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think like most forums, if you are a ****ty seller, then the buyer is going to let the rest of the members know... other wise we all have common intrest, and should treat others like we want to be.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you paid the seller should ship promptly and provide tracking info, 2 days after payment max.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
if you paid the seller should ship promptly and provide tracking info, 2 days after payment max.
Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Got burned by someone who took the money and never shipped the parts. Heard every excuse, wrong address, wife/son shipped the parts, etc. Too bad he is still trying to sell stuff here.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

In this situation, the seller took a week+ to ship, never sent the tracking numbers, 1 of 2 parts got lost by UPS -- but since he packed 2 parts in 3 boxes he split insurance up evenly between the 3 boxes. Long story short I received 1 lower unit and 2 nosecones, along with the insurance money from UPS which ended up being $200 less than what i paid for the one that got lost. What bothered me the most is i repeatedly asked for the tracking numbers, and then he wouldn't return PM's or calls, at least he paypaled me the UPS insurance...
It could have been much worse, but it would be nice to know what is commonly expected from these sellers.

UPS has some serious issues... this is the 3rd time they have screwed up with me...

Thanks for all the responses.