Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

17minute video? hold on while I fall asleep
Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Races, poker runs.......what's the difference.

Looks like that cruiser had a good view of the race, er... poker runners, in that 2nd video.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So, you can be the first one to a card stop, but overshoot it, and turn the wheel and still get credit? Wait, that happened once before, and it was a tragedy.

POKER RUNS ARE NOT FOOKING RACES!!!!

You want to show your stuff, put it in a sanctioned race or a kilo run!!
THAT'S your controversy.
In future video it will become clear who was in the area first..

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Pretty funny that they repeatedly called their poker run a race. At the speeds these guys run and little to no rescue boats?? Then listening to them talking about picking lines through the pleasure boats?????
Have thought for a while that their days are numbered and after watching the first couple mins of that video there is not doubt.
Take your jewel to the plate and go racing before fast boats are banned for all of us.
14 years no incidents.. Hopefully have another 14 incident free. Overall it looks like one thing from the shore (close quarters.. It's not they are all really spread out), and remember the guys being interviewed, as well as the guy (me) interviewing aren't TV personalities and it's done on the fly, so there is occasional "slippage" of the word "race" when they meant run or what not..

Just a little fun and games to get people excited about Desert Storm, rally some of the grudge matches that have been going on for years out here in the Desert, and finally announce who is the King of the card stop for 2012.. No big deal man.

RD
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
17minute video? hold on while I fall asleep
How old is Bob now these days.........
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

But it's not 14 years though. Bad shlt happens every year at a poker run somewhere in this country/our community. So THIS Poker Run has been safe. But as I talk about in my other line of work... It's not IF it happens, it's WHEN, and HOW BAD.

Smoke on the Water
Texoma
Cumberland
Ask R'Addiction about his coma in NYC in 1999.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

1st the NFL then MLB don't tell.me the next thing ESPN will overtalk about is instant review at poker runs
Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Registered

To me Poker + Run = Fun, I wouldn't care if I was the first or last to the stop. Just enjoy the day, be safe, and have fun with friends.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, we know it isn't a race! We get it!! Now back to the subject of the thread.......

IF YOU WERE NOT THE BOAT THAT GOT THE FIRST CARD, YOU WERE NOT THE FIRST TO THE CARD STOP. PERIOD!!!! BLOWING PAST THE STOP DOES NOT MEAN YOU WERE FIRST!!! IT MEANS YOU WERE THE FIRST TO BLOW PAST IT!!! END OF FREAKING STORY.

Why is this a controversy????

Which boat received the first card at stop one? THAT IS THE FIRST BOAT TO THE CARD STOP!!! And this kind of goes back to the "It's not a race" if it were a race there would be a finish line where the boats would race past. But since it it a POKER RUN, there are STOPS. If you were not the first to stop and get your card, you were NOT THE FIRST TO THE CARD STOP!

Last edited by low_psi; 05-16-2012 at 12:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (02-21-2022)
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
OK, we know it isn't a race! We get it!! Now back to the subject of the thread.......

IF YOU WERE NOT THE BOAT THAT GOT THE FIRST CARD, YOU WERE NOT THE FIRST TO THE CARD STOP. PERIOD!!!! BLOWING PAST THE STOP DOES NOT MEAN YOU WERE FIRST!!! IT MEANS YOU WERE THE FIRST TO BLOW PAST IT!!! END OF FREAKING STORY.

Why is this a controversy????

Which boat received the first card at stop one? THAT IS THE FIRST BOAT TO THE CARD STOP!!! And this kind of goes back to the "It's not a race" if it were a race there would be a finish line where the boats would race past. But since it it a POKER RUN, there are STOPS. If you were not the first to stop and get your card, you were NOT THE FIRST TO THE CARD STOP!
Wait...........what are you saying?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
You want to show your stuff, put it in a sanctioned race or a kilo run!!
Or the Bimini Run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.