Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bruce let me down - BIG TIME >

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Notices

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 06-30-2002, 10:29 PM
kook

Originally posted by Pantera24
I would highly recommend get the boat out of there ASAP! You have been more than nice. You need to find a fellow OSO member that lives near Bruce and have them pick up the boat first thing tomorrow and get it in a secure location.
My .02
If anyone would like to talk about this, you can PM or e-mail me.... Everything will be treated as confidential.

Old 06-30-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KOOK i know this doesnt solve your problems,but if you wanna come down one sunday we can take my boat to RED EYES so you can drink your problems away let me know the offer stands all summer

Rob
Old 07-01-2002, 07:07 AM
kook

Thumbs down

My last few messages to Bruce last night (except for the very last one) were clear and simple - "just call me and tell me what's up with my boat" - that's all. I feel that is a reasonable request - even if the news is not good - CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP!

Things just don't add up. The overnight delivery (both ways) on the IMCO drive were on HIS dime. Why spend all that money (in order to get the boat the me this past weekend) and then not follow through with delivering the boat? ****, I betcha the total shipping bill on that drive (both ways) HAD to be more than $600+.

My last message, right b4 hitting the sack last night, was "call back and let me know what is up with my boat by noon tomorrow (Monday) or I am going to have to call the boat in as being stolen". I'm just asking for a CALL! I'm unsure who to call, but guessing I will start with the local authorities (out there) and see what they have to say. Just driving 16 hours out there would be stupid unless I know for sure that is where the boat currently is.

I deleted my earlier post about the drive getting too hot, but I am going to repost a portion of that here. Below is a link to a (scanned-in) copy of an e-mail I got from Bruce on 5/31/02 - right after Dave1972's big posting; I felt that "seeing" a hardcopy would be more convincing than just copying the contents of this e-mail onto the Board:

Late fee letter of intent

-Mark

Old 07-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

This issue has been brought to our attention and will be addressed.

OSO
Old 07-01-2002, 08:28 AM
kook

Default thank you

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
This issue has been brought to our attention and will be addressed.

OSO
Much appreciated.

Old 07-01-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Kook,
I am sorry to hear that your troubles with Bruce have not been straightened out yet. I haven't heard anything from him either. He was supposed to have my other parts delivered to the shop in Michigan where I am having my boat repaired by July 1....I would bet that those parts are not there today but I will keep you up to speed on that as well. At $300/day late fee he's going to owe you lots of money!!! Give me a call or drop me an email sometime this week if you have time. I'd like to talk to you about this!!

Dave
Old 07-01-2002, 10:28 AM
kook

Originally posted by Troutly
Dave & Kook,

You two are not alone here. There is at least one more member here who has had troubles. This is not the reputation someone wants around here. Word of mouth on this site can be bad (or good) for business.

Oh, I know of MORE than one member, but that information can not be shared, as I will honor my word of confidentiality.

I just got a call from Bruce. Apparently "something went down" at his shop on Saturday sometime, and he has been unable to make any calls. He would not say what happened, saying that it could be seriously misconstrued (sp?) if the information was disseminated. My thoughts are: either (A) this is a(nother) crock of ****, or (B) he got himself into some "trouble" at home..... just my thoughts, not fact.

I am to hear from him this evening - evidently he has a 2PM "appointment" that he must attend today. hmmmmmm....

Thankfully I have an great employer that is very flexible when it comes to vacation - I am headed back to work shortly - so much for a nice week of Holiday vacation. Will update as things unfold.

-Mark

(302)-292-5189 (w)
(410)-398-6808 (h)

Old 07-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Registered

I'm all in favor of giving second chances - and I hate to kick a guy when he's down. But jeez...I think maybe if it was me I'd be going WAY out of my way to make certain I took care of the people who still believed in me.
Sounds like not too much has changed in Bruce's business practices. Too bad.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Registered

so Kook any new news yet??? keep us posted.hoping things take a violent U-turn for the better soon!

Rob
Old 07-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

On the lighter side of this subject, I met Bruce last week at the Metro race but did not know who he was until after the fact, Any way he took the time to check out a fellow racers boat, partially disassembled the engine and diagnosed the problem CORRECTLY and on top of it all the guy's wife had his wallet and truck so Bruce took a $100 bill out of his pocket and loaned it to the guy so he could buy the parts to go racing which was a very nice gesture.

Quick Reply: Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.