Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!! >

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Notices

Do not buy 30 spectre cat in az under classifieds!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called this guy as well. He really Is a jerkoff. Asked about the motors and he said no paper work or anything. Bought it from an auction. Then he preceded to say how good the motors were and he doesn't sell junk. Says they are tip top. I hated to say it but I asked "How do you know they're not junked if you don't know anything about the engines? Did you perform a leak down?". He said ok bud **** off and hung up. What a dickhead.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpressure
I have one too, but with 500 efi motors it just gets to 100.
www.boatsdirectusa.com
Put some 2 inch shorties and a nice set of props and you'll be running 108 to 112 depending on load and weather.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

I always love seeing sales guys takes on these types of stories.

Face it, there are lots of lazy and idiotic people in sales (and plenty of good ones) of all types. Whether it's cars, real estate or whatever I'm surprised that some people can make a living acting the way they do in sales. There are always moron customers, but the good ones handle them and still make money from the deal most the time, but of course sometimes firing a customer is the only way to go. Wouldn't figure the first phone call is that time!

Sure makes me happy/loyal to anyone you find you can count on.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Called this guy as well. He really Is a jerkoff. Asked about the motors and he said no paper work or anything. Bought it from an auction. Then he preceded to say how good the motors were and he doesn't sell junk. Says they are tip top. I hated to say it but I asked "How do you know they're not junked if you don't know anything about the engines? Did you perform a leak down?". He said ok bud **** off and hung up. What a dickhead.
Seems to be a pattern here.

This used car dealership didnt realized the detailed questions they were going to get when he/they/the used car dealership bought this boat.

They thought it would be as easy as selling a 5,995 sled on weekly weepers.

If it was me and I was serious about buying this boat, I'd go around this lunkhead and speak with the owner of the dealership. Google the place / look it up online so you have the owners name when you call so lunkhead wouldnt try to cock-block you when you just ask for the owner without knowing his name.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

If any one is interested I live about 3 miles from this "dealership." Would be more than willing to look at the boat if anyone is serious.