Notices

New to me Formula 206 LS

Old 05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me Formula 206 LS

Happy memorial day everyone! New to the site and wanted to share my story.

I have this formula that has been sitting for 5 years that I'm getting ready to dump some money into. Here is the background on how I acquired this boat. A friend needed a place to store his boat, I had the room. Drive thru double rv access. I said sure why not to help a friend, well after looking at it for a year in my backyard I was ready to own it so we negotiated. He wanted 6900 with 150 a month I said sure sounds good. This is where it gets funny.

After 2000 in payments the first year I needed a bill of sale. He wouldn't give it to me, he said I would finish paying on it if he did which is not the case. 1 month later get a call from my sister in-law who is a fore closer Lister and said guess who's file showed up on her desk. Well it was my friend losing his house, and with the house it showed his 2 boats that had tax liens on them. The formula had 1400 in back taxes, which my friend denied but dmv concurred.

Skipping ahead 2 years to present, I'm going to pay my friend off minus the tax fees. So I'm ready to to start wrenching. I have the gear head in me and I've set a goal to labor day being on the water. Looking forward to learning alot about this boat, cause going in the shop is not a option. I have a seasoned boat mechanic friend that is willing to help.

This what I know about the boat,

Vortec 350
DP CD Trim,
trim tabs,
swim platform
silent thunder exhaust

The boat was stored in running condition. Here are some pics.
Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found your post. Looks like you made out very well! I have a1991 Formula F-311 and love the boat. It is my second Formula. Formula boats have impeccable build quality. Hope you got it running with minimal issue and cost!