Notices

am I better off?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile am I better off?

I have been using the sellers trailer tag for a month (will register in my name next week) The tag is a FL tag that is now expired, so we I go out tommorrow should I go without a tag or an expired tag that is not mine? Which carries the lower fine?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
I have been using the sellers trailer tag for a month (will register in my name next week) The tag is a FL tag that is now expired, so we I go out tommorrow should I go without a tag or an expired tag that is not mine? Which carries the lower fine?
Pulled mine for two years with no tag at all, never had trouble, wife kept nagging me to get a tag but I don't have a title for my trailer. Bought a title for a trailer from a guy for $50. Registered it and got a tag. Doesn't match my trailer at all but still no trouble but it is in my name.

I'd go no tag and tell them it fell off if you have trouble
Old 06-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm with Magnum, no tag.

Buck
Old 06-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No tag. Friend of mine pulled a 31 Cigarette from LOTO to upstate NY with no tag.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered

lots of cops have the scanners in thier cars now that pick up every plate even if youre going in the other way on the highway, it will show up if you have an expired tag but obviously will not with no tag. Plus I think you can get a ticket for no registration and incorect plate if you run with the wrong one.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Registered

A. I would find a BUDDY with a utility trailer and borrow his tag for the day

B. Go with out one and if you get stopped tell the cops you've sent in the paper work and your waiting to receive your plate
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoulda splashed yesterday Pete. That cop car was unoccupied.

Leave the plate on to not draw attention. If anyone happens to notice its expired tell them you just bought the trailer yesterday.

And how long have you owed this rig?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

If the trailer is from Fla. then I thought there were no plates for trailers in Fla. If this is correct tell em that's where its from.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

FL tag draws attention. Go no tag unless its more than a 30min haul. Just my $.02
Old 06-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dagah2x
lots of cops have the scanners in thier cars now that pick up every plate even if youre going in the other way on the highway, it will show up if you have an expired tag but obviously will not with no tag. Plus I think you can get a ticket for no registration and incorect plate if you run with the wrong one.
this is the truth, I went to TN last week and this is why I came home no tags instead of throwing one on there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.