Offshore Racing Turbine Class Closer to Reality

Notices

Offshore Racing Turbine Class Closer to Reality

Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Offshore Racing Turbine Class Closer to Reality

This was written for the more-general boating audience of Boats.com, but there's probably some stuff in here like the planned collaboration between Geico and Qatar on specifications and safety standards that most folks don't know, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...o-reality.html.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Scotty & Marc may be suprised at how fast Steve Curtis will run a boat that has the same power they do They won't be waiting for him He was a junior MotoX champ as a kid, I rode motoX with him a few times and was Amazed at how fast he could go through a turn, Brakes weren't important to him

Last edited by fastdonzi; 06-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
I think Scotty & Marc may be suprised at how fast Steve Curtis will run a boat that has the same power they do They won't be waiting for him He was a junior MotoX champ as a kid, I rode motoX with him a few times and was Amazed at how fast he could he could go through a turn, Brakes weren't important to him
Do you think any of the other extreme boats from JT /Bud to Aquamania held back on the throttles?

We've run with Steve for years ..theres a reason he's won the championships he has and we (Team Miss Geico USA) NEVER underestimates a competitor.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderful to see the competition, good luck to all racers this season
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I was only going off this part of the story (Copied from the story)

“But if they think running around with us during an OPA race where we’re holding our speed to 140 mph to make it a show is like running 188 mph in a turbine cat, they have a surprise in store for them,” he added and laughed.

Whether or not the Sheikh realized the Miss Geico cat was taking it easy to preserve the show, he came away with a positive take on domestic offshore racing. And that triggered his decision to build a turbine class raceboat for 2013".

I know Steve will wring out every bit of speed he can, Should be interesting, Fun to watch & Great for the sport. Thanks for what you guys do, these days you are the Ambassaders of the sport, Be safe....
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Do you think any of the other extreme boats from JT /Bud to Aquamania held back on the throttles?

We've run with Steve for years ..theres a reason he's won the championships he has and we (Team Miss Geico USA) NEVER underestimates a competitor.
Its going to be allot of fun watching you guys battle it out next year.looking foreword to it

Mike o
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a real race and not just for "show", this will be a huge draw. Even though it was in a river, the Geico vs Bud race was incredible. The people of St Clair still talk about it. Be safe.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
If it is a real race and not just for "show", this will be a huge draw. Even though it was in a river, the Geico vs Bud race was incredible. The people of St Clair still talk about it. Be safe.

St Clair was awesome 190mph up and back as fast as we could make them go . Biloxi..194 mph deck to deck JT/CRC flat out ... KW every year flat out Come to Sarasota Gasse (jt/thor) and Geico will be flat out. .I get the chills thinking about it.

The turbine teams met last week on a conference call. This will not be a show. This will be USA VS Qatar ...There will be some new clarifications on equipment,safety to ensure the foundation is built stronger this time.

Fast Donz. Yes I know. We were only responding to the statement by Qatar that they could "almost" run with us with their twin 930 hp lambs. While fast....not Turbine fast.

Should be a great season and like Matt expressed we are working together closely to better our chances of success.

Miss Geico - Team USA

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 06-05-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curtis will win every race that he stays right-side-up. Probably none....... Wonderful, crazy SOB. Ya gotta love him.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Agree 100% with what Dean has said. I look forward to seeing the race/battle between Miss Geico and Spirit of Qatar at St. Clair this year and wish that Aqua-Mania and Miss Mary Mac (Rebel Racing) would finally showed up at St. Clair. I know that JBS Racing has retired from racing in the Turbine Class but I would love to see them show up for this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.