Peter

???
Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony davis
???
Hi Tony,
To clarify there are two sets of windings in the merc motors and only one set of windings in the ones i use.

Peter
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw that you were testing the samples on what looked like a hydraulic press, what were the numbers for the various materials before failure or excessive deflection? Nice work, maybe you should start building boats.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Those trim pump packages are beautiful, do you sell them or have you considered selling sets to replace Merc's?

Awesome work,
Rick
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tabs

Will you make some to sell? If so how much$?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
I saw that you were testing the samples on what looked like a hydraulic press, what were the numbers for the various materials before failure or excessive deflection? Nice work, maybe you should start building boats.
Hi pstorti,
Prior to making the test hinge we made up some 5mm thick flat sheet which i cut into rectangles along with exactly the same size high grade aluminium and mild steel then did quite a number of tests with my hydraulic press, the carbon fibre came out extremely well particulary the bend test, where the steel and aluminium with 3/4 tonne load applied bent and did not recover, the carbon flexed and recovered repeatedly and did not start to delaminate till over 1 tonne was applied pretty impressive for a piece of carbon only 5mm thick and 70mm wide..... the steel weighed 10 ounces, the alloy was 4.75 ounces and the carbon 1.75 ounces so the strength to weight ratio is even more impressive.

Peter
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

As always GREAT work Peter!!

Jon
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Thanks Rick, Jeff A & Jon,
We have already supplied a number of trim pump conversions, we stock two sizes one suitable for bravo's and small tabs the other more suited to NXT No6 and indy drives and large twin ram tabs we also manufacture stainless steel adaptors so that you can use standard 7/16th's jic fittings which makes it much easier to custom build hoses than the merc flare. It is also my intention to market the tabs once they have been prototyped on my own boats, we are still in Key West at the moment enjoying the sunshine back to England friday .....

Peter
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Thanks Rick, Jeff A & Jon,
We have already supplied a number of trim pump conversions, we stock two sizes one suitable for bravo's and small tabs the other more suited to NXT No6 and indy drives and large twin ram tabs we also manufacture stainless steel adaptors so that you can use standard 7/16th's jic fittings which makes it much easier to custom build hoses than the merc flare. It is also my intention to market the tabs once they have been prototyped on my own boats, we are still in Key West at the moment enjoying the sunshine back to England friday .....

Peter

Peter ,

Sorry we missed you we were in Orlando for a few days. then Anna Maria Island,..still 5 to 6 hours from Key West. Enjoy the weather we left in the 80's it was 25F here this morning,.........Yikes!

Jon
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
We have already supplied a number of trim pump conversions, we stock two sizes one suitable for bravo's and small tabs.....
Do you know approximate weight differences between stock and your style Bravo pump? Are the trim speeds comparable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.