Notices

Hialeah area members

Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hialeah area members

I need some help in the Hialeah area. I'm looking at buying a complete 502 efi motor that is for sale there. It is set up on a stand and able to start and run. Problem is, I'm in PA.

I was hoping someone could check it out for me....preferably with compression/leakdown tools, a scanner to verify hours would help too. I would pay you for you time.

Or if you could recommend a mechanic in the area that would do a "house call", that would work too.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

I really am not trying to make less of what your looking for , but I would stay away from anything in Hialeah .. I would'nt buy a lawnmower there !! Seriously, before we bought our boat , I must have looked at 4 or 5 down there and everyone was junk, re worked half assed , missing stuff, stuff that was fixed like a 5 year old did it, and the area is loaded with fly by night people in the used car parts and rebuilds business. It is the equivilent of buying a "Rolex" on the street in Times Square !! Again I am not saying this is the case with your 502 block, I just want to give you a heads up of what kind of shops and people operate there. just be careful !!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

thanks for the heads up
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner
I really am not trying to make less of what your looking for , but I would stay away from anything in Hialeah .. I would'nt buy a lawnmower there !! Seriously, before we bought our boat , I must have looked at 4 or 5 down there and everyone was junk, re worked half assed , missing stuff, stuff that was fixed like a 5 year old did it, and the area is loaded with fly by night people in the used car parts and rebuilds business. It is the equivilent of buying a "Rolex" on the street in Times Square !! Again I am not saying this is the case with your 502 block, I just want to give you a heads up of what kind of shops and people operate there. just be careful !!
I agree with you to some point but it's not all like that. It all depends who you deal with there and what part of hialeah.... just like any city you have the good side (west) and bad (east). Most people there are middle class latin people..... Just have to know someone that knows the area to get a vibe from the seller and their surroundings
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
I agree with you to some point but it's not all like that. It all depends who you deal with there and what part of hialeah.... just like any city you have the good side (west) and bad (east). Most people there are middle class latin people..... Just have to know someone that knows the area to get a vibe from the seller and their surroundings

Agreed Mike, I have had some good dealings in Hialeah, but then again, I always take one of my latin buddies along