Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unreal how well she cleaned up!. Good luck with her
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice find!!! If memory serves me right, Bill Webb built those somewhere around Grand Lake in Oklahoma.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered

Nice to see people get lucky!!!

Great find!

Enjoy!

Old 07-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Finally got around to opening the hatch today. Going to need a complete set-up, but at least they didn't hack everything up removing the old engine. The only spare parts are a set of valve covers and the spark arrestor. I was pretty happy that the engine compartment was still pretty clean considering everything and how long it has been sitting.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

More cleaning!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Registered

looks like it might be time to remove the swim platform bolts and reseal them but over all looks good
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered

This is one of the best threads I've come across on this forum. You had to just about Poop your pants when you finished washing it and stepped back to have a good look!??!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by inthetundra
Finally got around to opening the hatch today. Going to need a complete set-up, but at least they didn't hack everything up removing the old engine. The only spare parts are a set of valve covers and the spark arrestor. I was pretty happy that the engine compartment was still pretty clean considering everything and how long it has been sitting.

It took me about a month on mine to figure out what that blue and white "gizmo" is hanging on the transom. That's a trim tab pump...Levelor I think...I replaced mine with a Bennett,,,couln't find parts. I would suggest you find a way to mount those drive trim pumps WAY up above the bottom of the bilge as well.

You have a very solid base to build on...brings back recent memories. Have fun.

Last edited by sprink58; 07-08-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I do have a line on a couple engines. One of them has a closed cooling system with the heat exchanger. Is that a simple conversion to eliminate that to match the other engine? It does have the raw water pump and everything else.
I did get the boat backed into my shop today and will probably start buffing it out tomorrow after work. It looks so much better already just from some basic cleaning.

Last edited by inthetundra; 07-09-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a Webbcraft also and had a couple in the past. All the their interior layout looked the same thru out their model line up. They are good boats back in their day and can handle fairly rough water pretty well. They liked to compare their quility towards Colbalt back in the same timeframe.

They are not that fast but the drive / ride is very manageble thru out their model line up. Your model should be 3030 Concorde as shown in the pics. I own a 2400 Discovery Openbow and it is the size of a 26 to 27 footer of today. Their 21 footer is like a 23 footer of today as well.

Webbcraft in the early to mid 80's used a ton of teak all over but got away from it by the late 80's but still used some. Powerboat mag did a test of the same boat in the late 80's or 1990. I have the mag somewhere. Also I have the complete line up brochure from them during that timeframe.

Bill Webb was the owner and had 3 sons that worked for him at that time. Their manu plant was Hwy 169 South, Collinsville, Oklahoma. I talked to them years ago and they said they made money manu boats up till about 1990 but still built boats to 1998 or 1997 then called it quits.

The one son spun off and made a line of his own boats and was almost an exact copy of some Webbcrafts and the 30 footer here was one of them. I forget what he called his brand name of boats.

Webbcraft started building boats in 1971. thru out the years they built boats from 17 ft to 35 ft. Cuddy and openbows. Bill Webb sons names where Brad, Gy, and Greg and like I said one of them went out on his own for a while building boats called Newman - it just came to me the name of his brand of boats. I also see a few in for repairs from time to time and like most boats from the 80's and early 90's U have to watch for wood rot even in the transom area. These boats are fairly well built thru out and the rot usaully is the owners fault of improper storage or leaving standing water in them overtime.

One thing they did do was used fiberglass stringer grid and laminated it to the hull then filled every cavity with foam. Also 22 mills of polyester gel coats was used for the outer hull / deck.

Last edited by BUP; 07-10-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.