Notices

New project

Old 07-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an interesting email today. I had posted on Craigslist down in Oklahoma that I was looking for the emblems for the project boat. I figured since they were built down there, there might be some scrap boats laying around with parts for sale.
I got an answer today from Darren Webb. Here is part of the email:

Yes, Webbcraft was my Uncle's company, I likely built your boat. Anyway, the emblems are at the old Webbcraft shop in Collinsville, OK, I don't have them here to take pictures. But I assure you they are new, never used originals, pristine condition - there are not too many left in this condition.
I think that's pretty cool....here I am piecing this old boat together and I get an email from a guy who may have actually built the boat! I will be getting the brand new emblems for that reason alone!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Default Congratulations!

That is every impressive!

What a wonderful resource to have while you are working on your project.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I got another email from Darren Webb. In our emails I let him know I was a Navy vet and so on, this was his reply....it just keeps getting better:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is great to see one of the old boats treated with respect. Let me look to see what I can find at the shop over the weekend on the middle emblem. I will email you next week, to let you know what I find.
Hey man, I have family members in the NAVY, I want to include something for you, something really cool, I have a rare gold plated circle emblem from the Webbcraft 15 year anniversary. As far as the family knows, there is only 1 other of these left, it's yours , picture attached, Enjoy.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This is one of the coolest restoration projects ive seen! Awesome!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have read this from the first post and think this represents something that we all have....the desire to hold onto and preserve the things that tie us to great times and great achievements.

Please keep posting your progress...no matter how mundane it may seem...someone will read what you have to share and enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us...we do truly enjoy it.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 399 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up

Your story is becoming almost spiritual in nature . It is refreshing to see good things happen to good people . Enjoy the ride brother and thank you for your service .
Old 07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The project has definitely turned a different corner for me!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered

Default Wonderful new Avatar!

Certainly one no one else has a right to use!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

I was at the old factory a few months ago buying a storm shelter. They are selling safe rooms out of the plant. http://www.stormsaferoom.com/
The guy that helped me was Brad Webb. When going into the office there is webbcraft stuff everywhere.
its a pretty run down place and sad to see old hulls and molds just laying outside with trash and weeds grown up everywhere.

Fin
Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It may not look as fancy as what some of the other boats have, but it's in my garage and will be all cleaned up before going in. I just need to find the right thermostat housing now that I got rid of the heat exchanger. This is farther than I expected to be this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.