Notices

Tunnel Tab?

Old 07-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AO is slightly different that the Chris Cat but not sure of the exact specs but the Chris weighs a bit heavy to the AO. Also I am running #2 speedmasters with a Factory high X demension that makes the Chris run pretty flat until she packs some massive air.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey you guys,get a V ,only kidding cats rule !!!!!!! tripps
Old 07-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are most of you guys thinking K-planes or a fixed tab?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Mike J

Yep Baja is correct.
Flex tabs I know of are
Composit, And "well are being tested".
They can be adjusted both remote or Manual.
They prevent TRIP of the
Bow.
Mike J.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:00 AM
Registered

Post tunnel tab

tunnel tab from gc offshore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dsc1078.jpg (28.2 KB, 512 views)
Old 07-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Registered

Above is a pic of tunnel tab from Keith Nunez's 30' Shadow Cat of Gulf Coast Offshore powerboat club.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Organ

The Arneson tabs Unfortunatley have not performed well on the Spectre. Sonney is correct, the center tab comes in handy if used with CAUTION!! a great many "roll overs" are caused by inproper use of the tab. In my opinion both you and Speed should consider stepping up to the plate on this option. Just listen carefully on how Jay instructs you to use it.

Maximus
Old 07-04-2002, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too Old, perhaps I is, perhaps I aint. There's never a simple answer to such a complex question.

In any event, a picture is said to be worth a thousand words...I just looked through all my Daytona pictures, but I was disappopinted to find that I didn't take any stern shots of these tabs.

I remember remarking "Hey, those are interesting tabs" to Dean about these exact flex tabs in question. I saw one actuate to about half-down and they do flex to a pronounced curved shape. I'm certain they work well in transitioning airflow and compressing it at the stern exit. From the way they felt, I'd imagine that they are more forgiving in an abrupt water impact...They will bend to absorb shock.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi:

Where is Rich Luhrs????? He and Puff the Magic Dragon are trying to find Little Jackie Paper.......... for Tunnel Tab advice, something about "painted wings and giant strings".....

IMO tunnel tabs should only be used by highly experienced cat drivers..........never in rough water (the will trip and stuff you in a heartbeat).....and VERRRRRY gradually. (slight adjustments make big corrections). Personally, I don't like most of the designs in that they begin at the transom, rather than up in the tunnel where the effect on c/g is greater.

Finally, these tabs are meant as tunnel compression adjusters only, not as water deflectors, so the light weight ones make the most sense.

T2x
Old 07-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Uncle Toys

Eliminator runs tunnel tabs on their race boats. I know Jerry May lurks on here all the time; maybe he will come out of the closet to help us on this issue (again). Come on Jerry – you can do it!

T2x and Philip, got a question for you two. I ran a lot faster with three bladed props (83mph vs. 77mph) before the blowers. But it was real difficult to get on plane. Think I could run bigger three bladed props with the blowers and add tabs for getting on plane?

Philip – did you read my thread about running into a guy out here last weekend that knows you? Guys name was Joe Aviara (sp?).

T2x – Puff the Magic Dragon? Dude, you are oldddd!!!!

Quick Reply: Tunnel Tab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.