The storm that hit Ohio on friday >

The storm that hit Ohio on friday

Notices

The storm that hit Ohio on friday

Old 06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The storm that hit Ohio on friday

Central ohio and other areas had 70 to 80mph gusts took down trees, power lines, cable and phone lines yesterday. Its been record temps here this week so what a perfect time for no a/c. Local news reported 670k customers without power and could be up to a week until power is fully restored. We have a generator keeping the essential things operating, like the fridge, freezer, and hot water and some fans. Gas stations are running out of fuel, buddy of mine found the aluminum top ti his snowmobile trailer blown a mile away. I work at Port Columbus International Airport and it was madness, aircraft couldn't land, emergency mooring procedures had to be taken for ground equipment and park aircraft. Few airplanes had to be inspected for wind damages.

I know a few other locals on here, wondering how they held out.

Last edited by pitmitch910; 06-30-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Damn android autocorrect!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pitmitch910
Central ohio and other areas had 70 to 80mph gusts took down trees, power lines, cable and phone lines yesterday. Its been record temps here this week so what a perfect time for no a/c. Local news reported 670k customers without power and could be up to a week until power is fully restored. We have a generator keeping the essential things operating, like the fridge, freezer, and hot water and some fans. Gas stations are running out of fuel, buddy of mine found the aluminum top ti his snowmobile trailer blown a mile away. I work at Port Columbus International Airport and it was madness, aircraft couldn't land, emergency mooring procedures had to be taken for ground equipment and park aircraft. Few airplanes had to be inspected for wind damages.

I know a few other locals on here, wondering how they held out.
I'm not local, but we have had some wild storms come across Long Island recently also. The storms seem to be more severe all the time, not just here, but worldwide. I hope all is OK with you and things get back to normal ASAP
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Registered

We're pretty much in a drought here. The storm you are referencing missed us. The weather patterns this year are coming out of the northwest and nothing has hit us from the southwest yet, where we'd get a good soaker.

I had someone tell me today that the corps is going to cut loose the water levels in the lakes I run on because the river levels are getting low. Dont know if thats true or not, but if it is, at least until we get some rain, locally my season is done.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered

Default Buckeye is so shallow...

...did the winds blow it dry?

Mitch, I have not found those charts of the Muskingum yet, but I am still looking!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered

We are near Cincinnati and we saw strong winds in the 80 mph range. The good thing for us the wind only lasted about 20 minutes. Our electric was off for about 5 hours. We were pretty lucky down here.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shag555
We're pretty much in a drought here. The storm you are referencing missed us. The weather patterns this year are coming out of the northwest and nothing has hit us from the southwest yet, where we'd get a good soaker.

I had someone tell me today that the corps is going to cut loose the water levels in the lakes I run on because the river levels are getting low. Dont know if thats true or not, but if it is, at least until we get some rain, locally my season is done.
Man that'll suck if it.ends your season.

No hurry on the charts, I don't make it down very often.

And its been a very dry summer. Grass is dead and stuff not sure what the total amounts of rain we got in june but its well below average
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I am in Cincy and we lost power for 24 hours.....
Old 07-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
I am in Cincy and we lost power for 24 hours.....
My power just came back on, still few hundred thousand with no power yet tho
Old 07-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Lots of trees down..Where we are at the power wont be back on until July 8th. Gas stations are packed if they are open..grocery stores are low on foods..Pretty much what you would see after a hurricane. Havent heard of any deaths though in the central ohio area.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobonthis
Lots of trees down..Where we are at the power wont be back on until July 8th. Gas stations are packed if they are open..grocery stores are low on foods..Pretty much what you would see after a hurricane. Havent heard of any deaths though in the central ohio area.
Yea we just had another bad storm here knocked out more peoples power again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.