Hot wire Mercruiser 4 cylinder >

Hot wire Mercruiser 4 cylinder

Notices

Hot wire Mercruiser 4 cylinder

Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot wire Mercruiser 4 cylinder

Hi everyone, So i pulled my engine out recently and now have it out of the boat because the boat has a bad transom. Before I sell it I obvosly want it to start. I pulled my entire harness out of the boat thinking it would be easier to just plug it all back in one the ground. Well I cant get any spark now! It will turn over with the starter but no spark. How can I just hot wire this and forget about the whole harness with the gauges and just use a simple key? This engine is a 1997. Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Jumper wire from positive side of battery to positive side of coil
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by jbizub5192
Hi everyone, So i pulled my engine out recently and now have it out of the boat because the boat has a bad transom. Before I sell it I obvosly want it to start. I pulled my entire harness out of the boat thinking it would be easier to just plug it all back in one the ground. Well I cant get any spark now! It will turn over with the starter but no spark. How can I just hot wire this and forget about the whole harness with the gauges and just use a simple key? This engine is a 1997. Thanks
ok where are you located and how much for the engine,,got a friend looking for a 140 hp merc..

if you just want to fire it you need to hook up the purple wire fron the harness to the + side of the battery and of coarse the batt terminals..
Old 07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Im going to try that. I live in lower ny state. It is a 120 though not a 140