Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sick Nor-Tech 5200 Roadster w/ QUAD Turbines!!! >

Sick Nor-Tech 5200 Roadster w/ QUAD Turbines!!!

Notices

Sick Nor-Tech 5200 Roadster w/ QUAD Turbines!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Could it be four TURBOS? As in two dual turbocharged 1350s? It looks like it has two throttles.
That boat has four shifters and four throttles just like its sister ship Gold Rush.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
No just trying to see if we americans are buying more than other countries. I would think most of the ones purchased from outside are paid for in cash or financed with a bank from where they were from , I dont go surfing for international repo yards but seems like when I look at US repo yards there is always a new one there that was once a boat I would have dreamed of having.
The people I meant that we wouldnt want here go's back to this guy.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...world?page=0,0

Well i wouldnt hang out with him i prefer to earn my money, as far as who's in the white house does it really matter. look at who we have to chose from.

And to me it just seems like when it's a high dollar boat around here you see it new to show it off then a few poker runs then for sale for way to much then repoed. I know the economy sucks here and NT and OL have always had a waiting list for boats so thats why I was wondering who's buying.

Sorry for the way it sounded I am pretty busy and don't get on here much in summer saw that NT and it just made me think about it.
I hear ya & No worries, now understand your points...that was quite an interesting read thanks, I'd never heard of that tyrant or story, that's wild.

I really don't know economics of international sales for Nor-Tech but as of the last few years I do see them evolving their lines to cover tastes of both sides of the pond.. As an example: At the Miami Int. Show Nor-Tech introduced their new 420 MC, IMO this is a very "Mediterranean" Euro-flare type boat:

[youtube]aiTIOiT_uVI[/youtube]

Yet at the same time they also recently introduced several new center consoles that I would consider or believe are mostly a U.S market with a few more center console fish-centric models coming down the line if rumors have it right, so I think they are covering all their bases and rightly so! if history has taught us something especially in the boating industry, it's Evolve or like many of manufacturers as of recent, ya die.

Here's the New Center Console line.

[youtube]kNn5yHDcwok[/youtube]

Good Talk. Cheers.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
That boat has four shifters and four throttles just like its sister ship Gold Rush.
I'm only seeing 2 and 2...
Attached Thumbnails Sick Nor-Tech 5200 Roadster w/ QUAD Turbines!!!-nor-tech-5200-cockpit.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has quad 1350's I have pictures from awhile ago my dad sent me when he went in to the factory and the boat had four outdrives. The two outside drives have the skegs cut off for reduced friction.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nice rig
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
I'm only seeing 2 and 2...
4 tachs..fly by wire chit you can do 2 on one throttle..
Old 05-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Registered

This is an old post but I just found it so I'll post anyway

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I know what the video says, but that boat has quad 1350 turbo-charged piston engines.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3542843-post41.html
Nor-Tech's web site most definitively that you have an option of gas or turbine. It doesn't say that you have a choice of naturally aspirated or turbocharged.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Registered

This is an old post but I just found it so I'll post anyway

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I know what the video says, but that boat has quad 1350 turbo-charged piston engines.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3542843-post41.html
Nor-Tech's web site most definitively that you have an option of gas or turbine. It doesn't say that you have a choice of naturally aspirated or turbocharged.