Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Good experience with Marine Engines Inc today  ! >

Good experience with Marine Engines Inc today !

Notices

Good experience with Marine Engines Inc today !

Old 07-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Bo Knows

Default Good experience with Marine Engines Inc today !

This morning I pulled out my one engine that had low oil pressure and was starting to knock, and after a complete disassembly I found rod, crank, & camshaft damage. Wanting to get back in the water as quick as possible I started making phone calls at about 3:45. The first two places didn't have any engines in stock but would rebuild mine & have it ready in 3 - 4 weeks. My third call was to Marine Engines Inc 1-800-RUNSNEW . He had a long block in stock ready to go and he was located in Massachusetts, about 2 1/2 hours away. I told him my tale of woe and he offered to stay open late until I got there ! On a Friday night on a holiday weekend. I was impressed! I gave him my cell number, latched the utility trailer to the Expedition, plugged in the Valentine One, and hammered down. I called when I was half way there to assure him I was on the way. When I arrived, J.K. had my engine waiting by the door. A very friendly, helpful guy, we had my motor loaded and I was out the door in 15 minutes. In light of some of the bad press some of the marine industry has been getting here lately I thought you might like to hear something positive for a change. I'll be installing the motor tomorrow and I'll let you all know how it runs. Thanks J.K. !!

Bo knows

Old 07-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is refreshing to hear a happy story. At the rate everyone else is bitter at the shops, the one's with good reps will be doing all the business. Just hope they don't bite off more than they can chew.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 of their motors. JK was great to deal with, does what he says and is very helpful.