Looking for 400hp on 383's >

Looking for 400hp on 383's

Notices

Looking for 400hp on 383's

Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

is this the same boat that had big blocks but sat to low in the water and you were worried about water goin into the engines?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3736475]is this the same boat that had big blocks but sat to low in the water and you were worried about water goin into the engines?[/QUOTE

Same boat !!! yes unfortunately 454's had to go, got 100% of my money back and started all over with this other Builder from Miami (Power Source Distributor), it is taking some time but John is helping customize this project .
Very patient guy .Nice.

So now i contacted Bob Madara for the cam, hopefully we can get something done and be on the water soon !!!

this time going with SBC's and Stainless Marine exhaust to avoid problems.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Default fixx

[QUOTE=Diego9040;3737145]
Originally Posted by mrfixxall
is this the same boat that had big blocks but sat to low in the water and you were worried about water goin into the engines?[/QUOTE

Same boat !!! yes unfortunately 454's had to go, got 100% of my money back and started all over with this other Builder from Miami (Power Source Distributor), it is taking some time but John is helping customize this project .
Very patient guy .Nice.

So now i contacted Bob Madara for the cam, hopefully we can get something done and be on the water soon !!!

this time going with SBC's and Stainless Marine exhaust to avoid problems.
you called bob,,that is the best thing you could have done for those engines..when ordering your tails for your boat tell stainless marine that you want to go a little taller on them to prevent the water from going back into the engine's..

btw what you doing massing around with the 383's,,you need 2 of thease that they sell..
lol
http://www.powersourcedist.com/6_0__364_.html

Last edited by FIXX; 07-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3737168]
Originally Posted by Diego9040

you called bob,,that is the best thing you could have done for those engines..when ordering your tails for your boat tell stainless marine that you want to go a little taller on them to prevent the water from going back into the engine's..

btw what you doing massing around with the 383's,,you need 2 of thease that they sell..
lol
http://www.powersourcedist.com/6_0__364_.html
Those are nice !

Yes , Jerry at SM will build custom risers, as tall as possible , I do not have much height but they will have a curve and will dump water much farther from engines . Plus I am shaving close to 700 lbs from the last 454's I had (330 hp) by going w sbc's ,aluminum heads,and SM exhaust ,I know I will have to flush religiously w these heads but It should be ok, right?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Registered

Default fixx

[QUOTE=Diego9040;3737399]
Originally Posted by mrfixxall

Those are nice !

Yes , Jerry at SM will build custom risers, as tall as possible , I do not have much height but they will have a curve and will dump water much farther from engines . Plus I am shaving close to 700 lbs from the last 454's I had (330 hp) by going w sbc's ,aluminum heads,and SM exhaust ,I know I will have to flush religiously w these heads but It should be ok, right?
alunimum heads and salt water?? see what they will charge for a closed cooling system also..would be wise ,you can plumb the manifolds into the closed cooling to,and just run the salt water through the riser pipes,then all you would have to worrie about is the closed cooling cooler and the riser flush which wont take as long and you wont have to use as much salt away..your engines and gaskets will last 5 times longer as well..
Old 07-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

definately closed cooling. even if you hafta scare up old stuff and plumb it yourself. where is exhaust on Nova ST's. my Nova III had them on the side like 4winns libbys. took water in and killed the engines in 1 week at jersey shore. now they are above platform. kinda ugly, but got the boat back cheap...
Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Registered

Had a conference call today with Bob Madara and my builder John Hernandez from Power Source and most likely we are going to work with Bob on 2 custom made roller cams for the 383's , I knew about Bob from before but the push I got from this thread really motivated me enough to call him and make this happen.

Bob will be calling me tomorrow with all the final details and pricing ,ehheheheh, hope I can work it out with him and close the deal. I am really stretching myself with all of this, hoping it is all worthwhile . Thank you all again.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego9040
Had a conference call today with Bob Madara and my builder John Hernandez from Power Source and most likely we are going to work with Bob on 2 custom made roller cams for the 383's , I knew about Bob from before but the push I got from this thread really motivated me enough to call him and make this happen.

Bob will be calling me tomorrow with all the final details and pricing ,ehheheheh, hope I can work it out with him and close the deal. I am really stretching myself with all of this, hoping it is all worthwhile . Thank you all again.
Outstanding!!! Looking forward to more on this....roller is the ONLY way to go and with a custom grind from a pro like Bob Madara your 400 + horse dream just became a reality.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
Outstanding!!! Looking forward to more on this....roller is the ONLY way to go and with a custom grind from a pro like Bob Madara your 400 + horse dream just became a reality.

Definitely , it made sense to call him and it is probably the best to wrap this up.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Trust me, you will not be disappointed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.