270 Checkmate Listing to Port Side under Power >

270 Checkmate Listing to Port Side under Power

Notices

270 Checkmate Listing to Port Side under Power

Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 270 Checkmate Listing to Port Side under Power

Hey guys. Ive been battling a problem for a while now. Under power, the boat lists to the port side no matter where I shift the weight or people. I have to run tab down on that side and its killing my speed. I know this is from the torque. Is there a simple fix or am I just going to have to deal with it? Ive read about single engine fountains having this problem and people running the opposite prop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 270 Convincor with 502 MPI, 24 Bravo 1 with standard bravo one drive, 1.50 ratio. Thanks guys.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe most if not all single engine Fountains left the factory with leftys. I had a 29' Fever with a single 500. It didn't list at all. Try a left handed prop running your stick in reverse.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

My Checkmate 270 did the same thing, 4 blade Bravo prop. I could run the drive up and increase speed and it would clear up. Those hulls are hard to dial the drivability in below 40 mph
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_342
I believe most if not all single engine Fountains left the factory with leftys. I had a 29' Fever with a single 500. It didn't list at all. Try a left handed prop running your stick in reverse.
What he said, I did this on my 26 Sonic and it solved the problem, then depending on what control you have, you can swap the cable position on the shifter and it's all good!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by EightSecv6
My Checkmate 270 did the same thing, 4 blade Bravo prop. I could run the drive up and increase speed and it would clear up. Those hulls are hard to dial the drivability in below 40 mph
I agree with ya there. Those convincors don't cruise well under 40. I'm
Gonna give the LH prop a try. Anyone have a good line on a LH 24 bravo 1? Im sure I'll have to buy a set being as its a LH. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Check ebay. There were a lot of LH props on there awhile back.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I actually have a like new 24p Bravo 1 left hand, I have spun my boat left hand since I can remember, works amazing and no tab......PM me if you would like to try it out with the option to purchase if you like it. For that matter if you like it we can swap if they are in the same condition. One can never have enough props laying around....

Jeff

Last edited by jeffkopec; 07-31-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Hi Jeff. Pm me a price please. I greatly appreciate it. I have an extra 24 bravo 1 rh if you need one.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Registered

my 253 always did ther same thing in mid range so i always would drag the left tab, once you get up to speed I could pull the tab back up so no loss of speed. My ZT280 does it also but not as bad, need to run a little left tab up to about 40 or so then I can pull it out. No big deal once you get used to it. Lots of single engine boats do this, I had a 288 that did it a little bit too.