Notices

milky oil again !!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

Head gasket or possibly the heads themselves. Had same happen to me and was corroded water passages on aluminum heads. Can't say that I've ever read of milky oil problems fixed successfully without tearing down the motor. I don't think you have any choice but to tear down the whole motor. Don't keep running it.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Head gasket or possibly the heads themselves. Had same happen to me and was corroded water passages on aluminum heads. Can't say that I've ever read of milky oil problems fixed successfully without tearing down the motor. I don't think you have any choice but to tear down the whole motor. Don't keep running it.
I agree!! Whatever you do don't run it any more you will only damage more internals... if you have problem go find it and fix it! take the oil cooler off and pressure check it and if that's not it start with intake gasket but I would bet it is a head gasket or cracked head as well! Good Luck!!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Start with the simple things first.

I had a hell of a time with milky oil. The culprit was high water pressure pushing the intake gasket.

It was a PITA to figure it out. I ended up getting water psi gauge, and found out I had over 30# of water PSI at high speeds.

I would think if the oil cooler was bad, you would lose oil, and not gain water.

I would presurize the cooling system, and see if it bleeds. I rented a radiator cap tester from Oreillys. Had to modify it a bit, but it was pretty easy. Blocked off the cooling system on the motor, and pumped it up to make sure it was good.

After that I'd do a leak down test.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Check the intake gaskets first. I have seen the intakes gaskets cause this several times. Good luck
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catman01
Check the intake gaskets first. I have seen the intakes gaskets cause this several times. Good luck
Yep. Intake gaskets can corrode, too. I fought milky oil for a long time before figuring out water was getting into the lifter valley past the intake gaskets.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered

Great info guys ! those are the things ill be getting started on here in a bit , going to start with the oil cooler and risers then the intake and heads , of couse a comp test as well , Ill keep you posted.. I do have very high water psi about 25 /30 psi at wot.. I did have some oil in the exhaust thought so really leaning towards a cooler... I hope!

Last edited by speedfreek1; 08-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

you would be doing yourself a favor by getting a psi relief valve.

that and my oil thermostat were the 2 best additions I did to my boat.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

well so far not so good , all tore down to one head left and so far nothing found , Comp test showed 150 psi on all 8 cylinders , risers good , oil cooler good intake ok , ...... man i hope i find it in the next head...
Old 08-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you see anything on the plugs? That could have shown which bank to start with

Hate hearing about things like this, ;(
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

all the plugss where all about the same, makes me wonder if i dont have water pushing by the intake at high water presure ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.