My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the boats you can see are spectator boats.

As always, at least in the last 15+ years of boating in the 1000 Islands, boats line the channel markers to watch the runs.

You can, once again, speculate all of the what ifs. No one got hurt. Spectators at NASCAR, Baja, and Motocross races have been injured or killed. Not there fault either. You can drive down the road and be hit by another car or even an afternoon cruise on the lake or river. Tell me what are the differences?

Dave
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 399 Likes on 162 Posts

Are you not responsible for your own wake ? When we had events here in the past it was slow no wake only for all non combatants and was strictly enforced . It should be common sense when you have boats of that caliber running . I could say much more about the douche plowin a big hole in the water , but i won't .

Last edited by the deep; 08-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell

As always, at least in the last 15+ years of boating in the 1000 Islands, boats line the channel markers to watch the runs.

You can, once again, speculate all of the what ifs. No one got hurt. Spectators at NASCAR, Baja, and Motocross races have been injured or killed. Not there fault either. You can drive down the road and be hit by another car or even an afternoon cruise on the lake or river. Tell me what are the differences?
Dave
Does Jeff Gordan do 195 down the back stretch of the kroger parking lot??

Is Ivan stewart flying a truck six feet thru the air on the interstate?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the defence of the captain of the cruiser, I dont think he was aware of the Poker Run. I think he was headed back to Quebec, and was totally unaware of the carnage that was created by his wake!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
Does Jeff Gordan do 195 down the back stretch of the kroger parking lot??

Is Ivan stewart flying a truck six feet thru the air on the interstate?
That was EXACTLY my point!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if, what if, what if -

There was no is no what if's, what happened, happened!!

Ya, It SUCKS - But that could have happened to any boat cooking through there at 70 to even 100mph - PHYSICS people!!!

Who knows how fast he was really going - do any of you people really even know? Was he doing 100? Was he doing 120? or was he doing 150? Really doesnt matter does it!

What matters is NO-ONE got hurt and everyone went home at the end of the day,

Why dont all you clowns/naysayers that are pretty much bashing My Way and Tomlinson put yourself in his shoes - How do you think he feels?

Powersports are dangerous, Maybe you naysayers should start following golf and croquet its much safer then Powerboats and you dont have to worry about what if's!

axapowell - EXCELLENT POST!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Control the sport, kill the sport. If you choose to participate in the sport, be prepared for the consequences.

Dave
The sport will kill itself. How many 80 mph boaters are going to bring their wife and another couple along with that attitude? The events will get smaller and smaller as more and more people say no thank you to the risk.

Seriously, that is one dumba s s thing to say. I know you are trying to protect your home event, but you really think saying "be ready for the consequences" Is good for this run? Remember, it's a poker run that is supposed to be a good time. It is not organized to be a race or a day to see how fast you can go. These things used to be about getting high performance boaters together for a good time. For the most part they still are, but not with this attitude.

Last edited by TxHawk; 08-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone on the thread (myself included) loves to ask about the speeds & horsepower of these powerboats. We love the great videos & pics of these powerboats in action. We love to talk/argue about who was first to the card stop etc. Manufacturers love to talk about how fast their product is & and we love to listen. It's all pretty exciting. What I don't like is when we have an accident, the same people that were so enthusiastic, now take an opposing stand about these powerboats and/or owners. If some changes need to be made to these Poker runs (Speed, location...whatever) then so be it. Or stop the Poker runs altogether. That would end the hypocrisy pretty quick.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave
The difference "Dave" is that when a spectator is injured or killed at one of those events the sanctioning body goes to GREAT lengths and expense to insure it DOESN'T happen again. I guess we should wait until someone IS killed before we have this discussion??
Old 08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad everyone is okay! Thanks for posting that video. It appears he simply caught the first wave and tripped on the second. If you notice at the end of the video the cruiser waves were approaching the camera boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.