Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

At the end of the day.. My Way was the baddest boat on the planet before this weekend... And you sh!t talking idiots are maybe the baddest dudes at your marina. Cut the judgement.... The boat is likely done for.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Actually I thought the same thing for years. Then I saw some facts on the case and there was a malfunction with the coffee maker that the employees knew about. It was keeping the coffee much hotter than it was suppose to. Girl spilled it and it and instead of getting minor burns her skin peeled away from 3rd degree burns! Don't remember the exact details as it was awhile ago.

Just lightening the mood a bit.
Actually Mc D's was sued for someone elsegeting second degree burns from spilled coffee and Mc D's settling that case for little money bu upon the agreement that the coffee temp at its esteraunts be turned down to a less than scalding level. Months later this incident happened. Mc D's failed to live up to their end of te previous settlement which was introduced into court. Mc D's failed to act as promised. And that astronomical dollar figure you ask??? that was set by using the dollar amount of Mc D's coffee sales nationally for ONE DAY.

As for the wake, in open water away from docks... large cruisers typically exist in the area, large cruisers dig big holes in the water and make large wakes. Just ask any 15 year old on a jet ski... big cruiser, big air. big wakes from cruisers in open water is a normally occuring foreseeable event that the average boater should be aware of, expecting and operating their vessel in a reasonable and prudent manner to safely negotiate.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
At the end of the day.. My Way was the baddest boat on the planet before this weekend... And you sh!t talking idiots are maybe the baddest dudes at your marina. Cut the judgement.... The boat is likely done for.
il bet the boat is repaired&running within 4 months!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Registered

Last edited by mitchie; 08-14-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Running my stupid mouth.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mike tkach
il bet the boat is repaired&running within 4 months!
Sorry.. Nothing against Fevers.... Just what popped into my mind.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
Perhaps.. But I'm just trying to end the nonsense from the cry babies with absolutely no frame of reference ... Carrying on waxing poetic about the sky falling on them because My Way had two near misses this year. Meanwhile they are the Authority in there Fountain Fever/Baja hammer. It is really exhausting.
Man, have you even read this thread? ask the the guys how the Smoke On The Water Poker Run was this year....you can't because it's cancelled, done! One of the biggest Poker Runs in North America....it is NOT "nonsence" incidents like this get Poker Runs cancelled and speed limits introduced, it effects us all....I spent two days in the Thousand Islands a month back (hadn't been down in years) and had an awesome time boating and met some great people. My wife and I both agreed we need to come down more often. The next time I come down i dont want to be saddled with a 35mph speed limit....do you even own a boat?
Attached Thumbnails My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash-dsc05736-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 08-14-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont say alot on here but i feel i need to chime in.first i feel that mr.t needs a bit more respect than he is getting.i have seen this man buy alot of boats from his sonic to his skaters to his outerlimits to this boat.his knowledge is extrordinary on boats,his son knows just as much or more,and i can say with confidence he knows more about going 150 mph+ than 99% of the people on the boards including me.i have never ever seen one of his boats bieng run in an improper way or in a show off fashion.this man just truly loves his boats and likes to challenge himself to push HIS equipment to levels he feels comfortable with.he would never purposely endanger anyone.
15 years ago,when turbines were just starting to be talked about,and were super exotic,this guy had one. the reason i belive he wanted a better mouse trap,as far i know every one of his turbine boats are still in operation today.and i belive that reason is his boats were built right,reliable,and most of all safe.
so food for thought a guy is in a corvette club and he is on a rally driving faster than he normally would.he is driving faster becase ther are other people on the rally that share the same interests and passion in there cars,he sees a guy that is trying to challenge,and our guy gives it just a little more,just to stay in front and wham he hits a pothole that wasnt there an hour earlier,he destroys the car and is truly lucky to walk away.how does this guy differ from mr t.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyjr
i have never ever seen one of his boats bieng run in an improper way or in a show off fashion.this man just truly loves his boats and likes to challenge himself to push HIS equipment to levels he feels comfortable with.he would never purposely endanger anyone.
The Video I saw contridicts everything said above. If his boat went airborne and sustained the damage it did because he hit a boat wake, then I would have to say he was running it in an improper way. Running that fast that close to spectator boats is "endangering" everyone within sight of a boat traveling those speeds. Regardless if he feels comfortable or not.

He may very well be a great guy. From what I have read he is..... I don't think this is really the point here. THe fact of the matter is, "My Way" has been involved in two seperate High Speed incidents in as many months. These high profile incidents are what is drawing negative attention to poker runs. I agree, it is/was a beautiful boat, and a marvel of engineering. But I don't think I would feel comfortable on the same water way as "My Way" running the speeds this boat is capable of, regardless of how much experience the pilot has. Things can go very wrong in less than a second, and the two high speed incidents by "My Way" have proven that. It is only a matter of time, if boats continue to run these speeds, when an innocent spectator or a family (unknowing there is a poker run) are going to become victims of a crash involving a Very experienced driver of a boat traveling way in excess of 100 MPH. There is a time and a Place for a race boat. THat is on a closed Race course. I can't recall a NASCAR Prepped Stock car running down the express way...... While this may not be the best comparrison, "My Way" and similar boats are essentially Race boats being used for pleasure.... Hell I am not even saying these race boats shouldn't participate in poker runs... Just keep the boats under control and a speed where spectators, other participants, even the crew of said boat, and unknowing traffic are safe. Had the recent "My Way" accident been much worse, it doesn't sound like there was any safety personel in place to assist. Without proper safety equipment and personel in place a similar incident could have a much worse outcome.

Last edited by low_psi; 08-14-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Had the recent "My Way" accident been much worse, it doesn't sound like there was any safety personel in place to assist. Without proper safety equipment and personel in place a similar incident could have a much worse outcome.
actually, one of the first on the scene in less than one minute of the accident was the Brockville Police on a jet ski. The Police Boat from Brockville was on the scene in less than ten minutes.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyracing
actually, one of the first on the scene in less than one minute of the accident was the Brockville Police on a jet ski. The Police Boat from Brockville was on the scene in less than ten minutes.
also I'm under the impressuon any enclosed capsule boat is sposed to have its own helo, maybe im wrong, not that it makes anything right or wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.