Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cottage on an Island about 20 mins from "My Way" and I have been on the waters there for 20+ years also. Which means I know where the neighboring Islands, shoals and Gas docks are.

water, unlike a local racetrack or particular stretch of highway is dynamic, just because you boat there often doesn't mean it's always the same.

I cant help but wonder? If this an average guy with a "regular" boat (35ft Fountain,Donzi, Baja, etc) and he crashed it twice in the same year while running in a poker Run, how many people would be on here defending his ability?

Again, I am In NO way bashing Bill T, I have seen him run at LOTO and I have no doubt he knows what he is doing, and is a safety minded guy.

I am just not sure if a river full of boat traffic, located in a shipping lane is the best place to run 200mph? Just my opinion, no offense intended, I am questioning the ENVIRONMENT not the Ability.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Can this hull actually be repaired and still perform at the level that it was constructed to do?
The section torn away is obvious but how far is delam happening even on a microscopic level from the stresses that were exerted?

I know a lot of boats have had repairs made that are at a par or better than the original build but this particular boat is putting power down on double if not triple the hp of other cats that fall into the big gun category....... that, and I would think that stresses on a hull multiply on a similar scale as hp required to reach 200+mph which this beauty obviously runs, or rather ran at...
A repair is usually much stronger than that area was before the damage .
Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am not sure you understand the magnitude of the incident. This was a not a simple case of hitting a wave and coming down hard. This was serious potentially fatal accident. MY WAY was VERTICAL several feet in the air! I don't know if it was Bill experience, pure luck or the presence of a higher being that kept the boat from completely flipping over. If a boat builder could design and build a boat that can survive such an impact, there would'nt be a fatal accidents.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by o2bme10
i am not sure you understand the magnitude of the incident. This was a not a simple case of hitting a wave and coming down hard. This was serious potentially fatal accident. MY WAY was VERTICAL several feet in the air! I don't know if it was Bill experience, pure luck or the presence of a higher being that kept the boat from completely flipping over. If a boat builder could design and build a boat that can survive such an impact, there would'nt be a fatal accidents.
Not the Boat but the human body !
Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

I have a video that my neighbour sent me. Not the best quality but it does show the crusier going by shortly before goes airbore. not a ship tanker insight. tring to up load the video .
Attached Thumbnails My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash-photo.jpg   My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash-photo22.jpg   My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash-photo235.jpg  

Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

keep getting "invalid file", any help. video taken with a IPhone
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by o2bme10
keep getting "invalid file", any help. video taken with a IPhone
If you have a youtube account you can load it directly to there. If not, create a youtube account and load it directly to there.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Thanks, here it is http://youtu.be/7CrVUPzelPM
Old 08-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

People love to think that they are somehow the knowledgeable, experienced voice of reason. It's actually
hilarious how a bunch of you are hating on Mr. Tomlinson... And villainizing him and such. It is pretentious and ignorant the way you guys are behaving. I personally was really looking forward to seeing him run at the shootout again.... And I also feel that we are all lucky that this guy and others are pushing the boundaries and finding whats still possible in offshore boats... Alot of you naysayers I bet are less in control of your v-bottoms at 70 plust than Bill is at 150mph.

That
Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mitchie
People love to think that they are somehow the knowledgeable, experienced voice of reason. It's actually
hilarious how a bunch of you are hating on Mr. Tomlinson... And villainizing him and such. It is pretentious and ignorant the way you guys are behaving. I personally was really looking forward to seeing him run at the shootout again.... And I also feel that we are all lucky that this guy and others are pushing the boundaries and finding whats still possible in offshore boats... Alot of you naysayers I bet are less in control of your v-bottoms at 70 plust than Bill is at 150mph.

That
Well said, we are very happy everyone is ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.