Second crappy boating Season >

Second crappy boating Season

Notices

Second crappy boating Season

Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Second crappy boating Season

Well guys here I sit on my keester on a saturday night telling you all that this is the second crappy boating season in a row up here on Lake Erie....... And whats even worse is the fact that it does not look any better for whats left of the rest of the season !!!!!
Last year was so bad that I should have built an Arc because the rain and wind was so bad..Now for this season its been so God Awful hot that you can't go out in the day time without getting cooked to death-----------------No bimini top on the boat.
I look down the canal and see nothing moving ,not even the fishing boats... been like that all summer.
Never mind the gas!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Last edited by cigboat1; 08-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just have to play the hand you're dealt. We have had a hot summer here as well (14 or 15 straight days over 100), but it didn't slow us down. We've had a great summer.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cottage is in about a million pieces, my boat hasn't been in the water YET this year, and I just realized its only a couple weeks til Labour Day.

I feel your pain!!! LOL
Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered

Thank God for what You have. Enjoy Your life. It sounds like Your mad because its to hot before it gets cold???? Really? Thats why I have a boat. Artie
Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We broke the record last year with 90 days over 100deg, and lake was 50ft low,, didnt stop me from going out almost every weekend..
Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
We broke the record last year with 90 days over 100deg, and lake was 50ft low,, didnt stop me from going out almost every weekend..
Now thats a boater. Sorry I forgot about the water drying up. We have coastal water so sorry about My laps of forgetting about no water there. Artie
Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Well guys here I sit on my keester on a saturday night telling you all that this is the second crappy boating season in a row up here on Lake Erie....... And whats even worse is the fact that it does not look any better for whats left of the rest of the season !!!!!
Last year was so bad that I should have built an Arc because the rain and wind was so bad..Now for this season its been so God Awful hot that you can't go out in the day time without getting cooked to death-----------------No bimini top on the boat.
I look down ther canal and see nothing moving ,not even the fishing boats... been like that all summer.
Never mind the gas!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Is there something wrong with the water there that you cant get in and cool off?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I have to say that I'm a little puzzled too. This has been the BEST boating season ever for me. I've documented all of my outings and there have been 29 including 3 times in March when we set new record highs in the 80s. That is the first time I've ever been on the Great Lakes in March. April got back to normal but after that it's been nothing but hot, hot, hot!! To me that means the only place I want to be is on the water keeping cool. Also the only thing I've broken is a battery hold-down. I'm looking forward to an overnighter at Put-in-Bay this Wed & Thur for the "Bartender Olympics". You do carry sunblock don't you?

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 08-12-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I usually choose not to take the boat out when it is 100*. I have a nice pool at home so I just stay home.

Today is going to be nice here, mid 80's, low humidity. I have to get off the computer and get the boat ready!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

This is my first year with a full time bimini top and I love it, nothing better than being out on the boat without getting fried

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.