Sleep over, Catalina Island >

Sleep over, Catalina Island

Notices

Sleep over, Catalina Island

Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sleep over, Catalina Island

Does anyone know if a guy can hook up to a garden hose to flush the saltwater from my engines. Planning on a sleep over. Thanks in advance
Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No, you're going to be mooring off of a can, there are no slips or docks to tie up to, so there's no facilities and no way to flush.

Last edited by tim mccray; 08-12-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Does anyone know if a guy can hook up to a garden hose to flush the saltwater from my engines. Planning on a sleep over. Thanks in advance
Hi Chad,
You won't be able to flush at Avalon, but you will be using the water taxi to get to and from shore. You can buy a book of tickets for the water taxi at a greatly reduced price from the stand on the pier. Ask the water taxi driver. I always buy them by the book.

Have fun.
Dave
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Chad-pick up salt away at west marine and use that hooked up to a garden hose.Flush your motor for at least 5 min.You can also spray your trailer with the salt away.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skater40
Chad-pick up salt away at west marine and use that hooked up to a garden hose.Flush your motor for at least 5 min.You can also spray your trailer with the salt away.
Gary he's going to be in Avalon. You're on a can out there unless you bring your own water with you.

There is absolutely NO reason to flush your engines while your boat is in the water a day or five. Most damage happens AFTER you take your boat out of the water when air hits the salt covered metal. You take your boat out......flush it within 24 hours. Leave your boat in......not a worry.

Enjoy your time out there ya lucky bastard!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Hi Chad,
You won't be able to flush at Avalon, but you will be using the water taxi to get to and from shore. You can buy a book of tickets for the water taxi at a greatly reduced price from the stand on the pier. Ask the water taxi driver. I always buy them by the book.

Have fun.
Dave

Dave you still have the Hallet? We're all heading to Mead over Labor Day weekend!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
There is absolutely NO reason to flush your engines while your boat is in the water a day or five. Most damage happens AFTER you take your boat out of the water when air hits the salt covered metal. You take your boat out......flush it within 24 hours. Leave your boat in......not a worry.
Yep...thats what the anodes are for.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Gary he's going to be in Avalon. You're on a can out there unless you bring your own water with you.

Enjoy your time out there ya lucky bastard!
Thanks Buddy. I was worried about the " Super Chillers" I never had them before and they seem like a thinwalled radiator style piece. I was tolds the first 20 minutes out of the water is what does the damage on the aluminum.. Just being cautious. If one of those water injects my deal I could be hurting pretty bad. BUT If you say it is fine as long as it is in the water. I guess I can go with that.. Gary I run that chit through my bildge pumps too
Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Thanks Buddy. I was worried about the " Super Chillers" I never had them before and they seem like a thinwalled radiator style piece. I was tolds the first 20 minutes out of the water is what does the damage on the aluminum.. Just being cautious. If one of those water injects my deal I could be hurting pretty bad. BUT If you say it is fine as long as it is in the water. I guess I can go with that.. Gary I run that chit through my bildge pumps too

Hmmmmm..........well I have the Whipple things and they have some fancy named thing too, but honestly the only problem (engine internals) I had over years in the salt was actually from the fresh water sitting in the unplated intake housing Whipple provides. Absolutely NOTHING on the internal casting or machined finishes. Crazy. Water never leaves this area. See the pics. The new ones we got had no paint and we blue hard anodized the whole friggin thing.
Attached Thumbnails Sleep over, Catalina Island-scope-2010-springfling-22.jpg   Sleep over, Catalina Island-scope-2010-springfling-23.jpg   Sleep over, Catalina Island-dsc_0570.jpg  

Sleep over, Catalina Island-dsc_0571.jpg  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered

I'm just worried about those little radiator thingy's in the middle ( see pic) they look like real thin wall aluminum.

I got a girl on the hook that say's her sister live there in Catalina..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.